close
Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Gunsmithing

Action Truing by Long Rifles inc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-01-2013, 08:56 PM
Gold Member

Action Truing by Long Rifles inc

Anyone on here jump on the action truing group buy on snipers hide? I was wondering with the amount of work he's doing right now if the quality is still there? If you have, can you please post pics. Thx

Unread 08-02-2013, 01:13 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Action Truing by Long Rifles inc

I was wondering the same thing, will be interesting to see the feedback.

I'm 16
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
~George Washington

"The only advantage a light rifle has is weight, all other advantages go to the heavy rifle."
~ JE Custom

Biggest fail of 2014 so far... http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ea-ftf-128972/

My guess on W3P .308 230 Grain Bullet: G1 .740-.755
Unread 08-02-2013, 05:56 AM
Platinum Member

Just my WAG, but precision CNC machines, automation, tooling enhancement, process improvement/quality control and assurance, machining/gunsmithing know how; 2 gunsmiths + 1 apprentice), etc ...

If there are any unhappy customers, I'm sure we would have heard about it by now from SH.

Just saying ...

I voted for my "FREEDOM", "GUNS", and "MONEY" - keep the change - UNK.

"I am always proud of my country!"

"Leadership Rule #2: Don't be an ***hole." - Maj Gen Burton Field.
Unread 08-02-2013, 09:08 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300 ultra View Post
Anyone on here jump on the action truing group buy on snipers hide? I was wondering with the amount of work he's doing right now if the quality is still there? If you have, can you please post pics. Thx
My guess would be that the quality would still be there in order to keep there reputation.

Remember, One Aw-$h!t cancels all Atta Boys so a good Smith cant let production effect
quality.

The downfall of quality is, production and bottom line.

J E CUSTOM
Unread 07-23-2015, 06:44 PM

http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/...ps2abhvb08.jpg
I am new here and new to custom rifle work. On a budget and after selling a few things and saving for months I used the group buy. I used a Shillen 6.5 #3 with 1-8 twist. LRI tried up the action, installed the barrel, tried up factory lug, installed tac knob, fluted the bolt, and cerakoted the whole thing. With shipping I have about $800 in it. I could have saved some money but wanted some cool factor. I put it back in the plastic stock and mounted up a vx2 3-9. The picture shows shots 5-10 during brake in with Hornady match 6.5 CM and the 140 amax's. This may not be impressive to some but I am happy. I am not the best shot and believe it will only get better with trigger time, reloads and a better stock or chassis. I hope this helps. Check out their face book page and look at all the stuff they put on there. The best part is the speed ( about 2 1/2 weeks door to door).
Unread 07-24-2015, 06:01 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongRifles, Inc. View Post
2600+ barreled actions through the shop since the conception of this little endeavor. That kind of volume alone means were doing good work. The internet in today's world will hold you accountable. That is a certainty.

Mistakes have been made and in every case they were corrected above and beyond what was requested/expected.

Contrary to what some might think or want to believe, volume means you become very good at something. Repetition breeds success. You learn the little things very quickly. It also means you generate the working capital to improve and get more efficient.

Production is not bad. It's a great thing. GM produces millions of hydraulic lifters a year. Try to make ONE once. Now make enough for one engine. See how much effort it takes to get those parts to print, of proper heat treat, and surface finish condition.

You can't do that without production. Period.

Were into this now well over 2 years and its still going.

If what were offering is of interest, you have my personal assurance your getting the best of what we are capable of.

Chad

PS: With respect, I disagree with JE Customs philosophy on mistakes. Mistakes are opportunities. You bust your behind and go well above and beyond what is expected. You fix what you did wrong and you make the guy feel like you genuinely care. -You'll have that guy for life as a customer. I can screw up a free lunch. That fact has tested the theory more than once.
Chad,

Nice to hear from you again. I've always enjoyed your posts and videos.

Congrats and good luck on furthering your endeavor and wishing you continued success!

Ed

I voted for my "FREEDOM", "GUNS", and "MONEY" - keep the change - UNK.

"I am always proud of my country!"

"Leadership Rule #2: Don't be an ***hole." - Maj Gen Burton Field.
Unread 08-01-2015, 12:09 PM
Silver Member

I did the LRI group buy two years ago. Chad developed a process which largely takes the human element out of the work. I suspect the end result is still good.

This rifle started life as a 7mm Rem Mag back in '65. I bought it used in '74. Then two years ago I had it converted to 300 Win Mag. I bought a lightly used HS Precision stock you see. It's been a good shooter.
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
Action Truing by Long Rifles inc-300winmagrightside.jpg