Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Gunsmithing

Accurization ?????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2011, 11:41 AM
Gold Member

Re: Accurization ?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw6.0 View Post
Buano is correct, pick up the Acraglas gel kit (Brownells), the instructions are crazy easy to follow... i've also seen a few threads somewhere that overviewed the process.... I'll see if I can find them...

The only addition I would add to the Acraglass instructions is that you don't need much epoxy. If you add too much, you'll be able to see the bedding after reassembling the rifle. This is one project EVEN MY WIFE could do. Don't be afraid to tackle this one yourself.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:39 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by permaculture View Post
Sir, do you have any recommended videos or threads related to the two above for a Rem 700 with synthetic stock?
Search Acraglas Rifle Bedding on youtube....

acraglas rifle bedding - YouTube

If you have a factory low-end synthetic stock from Remington, you may have some difficulty getting bedding material to stick to it. If you decide to bed it yourself, check with the manufacturer to be sure the bedding you are buying will stick to the material your stock is made of.
Old 11-18-2011, 06:38 AM
Silver Member

The cheep stock is going byby. Yes I have had a 700 go off by it self when you take the safty off! So what triggers do you like? I my self realy like 2 pos. with bolt lock
Old 11-18-2011, 08:23 AM
SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by cva54 View Post
The cheep stock is going byby. Yes I have had a 700 go off by it self when you take the safty off! So what triggers do you like? I my self realy like 2 pos. with bolt lock
The one with the bolt lock is the one you don't want! If the safety is engaged, when you unload the rifle, it should not fire. Remington uses a "trigger block safety", it does not "block" the firing pin from falling. The other option is the Gentry Three Position Safety, like is on a Winchester. Forward is "fire", middle is "safety on, firing pin blocked, with bolt not locked from being cycled, back is "safety on, firing pin blocked, bolt locked will not cycle. Howa uses a three position trigger block safety, I don't know if anyone makes one for a Remington.
Old 11-18-2011, 09:28 AM
Gold Member

I've heard nothing but good re Timney & Jewell triggers. I am happy with the Timney I installed.
Old 11-18-2011, 09:48 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buano View Post
I've heard nothing but good re Timney & Jewell triggers. I am happy with the Timney I installed.
Then I'll be the first to tell you something good about Jewell triggers. I have them on both of my longrange rigs and they perform flawlessly. They say the 'problem' with jewells is that they do not perform well if they get dirty. This I find is not true as my 260 is a rifle I hunt with and use in tactical matches. The rifle has been dragged threw the dirt, mud, brush, gravel, snow....everthing and performs great.
Old 11-20-2011, 10:20 AM
Silver Member

I got 2 remmy rifles one is a 721 with bolt lock and a 308 with out. Let me say this. Both are hunten rifles. I hate the bolt comming opened on the 308 it is going in for it! If you bring it to a competent gun smith and have it set up properly and maintenanced by him you should have on prob with a remmy triger. But yes there is a safty issue. What is rule #1 watch your muzzle