Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Long Range Competition

Long Range Competition Sniper stuff, groundhog shoots, egg shoots, 1000yd BR, F-Class

Utah 1k shooters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2007, 06:13 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Utah 1k plate shoot pics

You are welcome any time! Hope you can make the next one and I hope it is a bit warmer and calmer! That was the coldest day I've ever spent in the San Rafael Swell. And the windiest.

The old guy in white beard was Old bear. And you knew Unc B. The other guys in our crew don't really come to LRH.com.

After you left, the skies cleared up and the temp went up about 15 degrees and the wind backed off to about 5 mph but the mirage got really nasty. We shot a few more matches and blew up some dynos. Someone hit one of the 1k dynos square in the center and it didn't go off! Must have gotten wet in the rain.

Uncle B and I were in a shootoff in the last match of the day at about 5:00 pm and then we packed up and went over to see the progress on the new North Spring range. It looked like it hasn't seen any work in a month. Still no pavement and no target frames hung. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I am glad to hear your wife had fun. Next time, maybe she will want to shoot a plate.

Anyhow, I took some pics of the match and thought I'd post them:

Half the firing line:

The biggest bench I have ever seen!

full firing line with a few benches hidden at the end:

Pull it
Dump it

If it's not far, it's boring.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:25 PM
Bronze Member

What was the majority of the field shooting? Uncleb is that your new 6br imp. and if it is where is the muzzle brake? I sent my krieger barrel to Utah today, can't wait. IP
Old 04-24-2007, 08:49 AM
Platinum Member

There were quite a few 6.5-284's, several 300 win mags, a couple 6-284's, three 6br's, a couple 300 ultras, a 300 wsm, 30-06, 243's, two 6 ppc's, two 7mm mags, a 6.5x47 lapua, a 6.5 wssm, a 223 and even a 204 Ruger!

The red gun is B's 6-284. The blue gun is my 6.5-.284. The black and white gun was wildman's 6.5 wssm on his new behemoth bench.

I thought we might see you down there IP. What happened?
Pull it
Dump it

Old 04-24-2007, 09:59 PM
Bronze Member

I was planning to come but I was inform of a wedding in Utah I said I would be at. I thought of you 2 all day long. I might have the opportunity to buy a olympus borescope. Whats your feelings about it? I will be there the first month it comes back. I sent my pipe to Joe. IP
Old 04-24-2007, 11:11 PM
Platinum Member

Don't know too much about the Olympus. Will have to research it some.

Good to hear you finally got your pipe. It is in good hands. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Pull it
Dump it

Old 05-04-2007, 08:18 AM
Gold Member

GG,

Is that a Leupold 6.5-20 I see on your rifle. If so, how's the resolution at 1000? What other scopes are you seeing there and can you comment on their 1000 yd res?

On warmer days, if you can call 15 degrees warmer, are you having to back off on the power ring to make good corrections?

Big Al
Old 05-04-2007, 08:57 AM
Platinum Member

Actually, my scope and the one on Uncle B's gun are 8.5-25x50 LRT's. However, I do have a few of the 6.5-20's on other guns. I love them both.

THere was a Heinz 57 of all scopes at this match. I saw NF, Springfields, Weavers, Ior, Zeiss, Burris, Bushnell, and others. The majority were still probably Leupolds though.

I've looked through a lot of scopes at 1k and the best ones for all around use are still NF and Leupold. 7mmrhb got to look through a vx-7 the other day and he said it was absolutely unbelievable. The resolution was incredible and they have put a few new gadgets on it as well. I suspect it will be showing up on 1k lines before long.
Pull it
Dump it