Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Long Range Competition

Long Range Competition Sniper stuff, groundhog shoots, egg shoots, 1000yd BR, F-Class

Savage FTR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2014, 08:04 AM
Silver Member

Savage FTR

Just wanted to share a few pictures of a Savage FTR 308 I got in a trade. I'm very impressed with its accuracy so far. I just loaded up some 155 amaxes I had laying around, 46grns varget and instantly got 1/2 groups a 100yrds. I'm really hoping to get into ftr. The gentleman I got it from forgot to send the cheek rest so I made one up from some laminate board. I think it is about perfect on height because my cheek bone rests perfectly. Hope you guys enjoy the pics.

Old 06-29-2014, 10:56 PM
Gold Member

Re: Savage FTR

I think you'll enjoy your new toy... and I think you'll enjoy it more with a cheekpiece from here:

Karsten' Adjustable Cheek Piece - Model A

Been shooting these for a few years now. The nice part about the Karsten Model A is that you can loosen it and slip it down for cleaning - or to check the bore for obstructions in the event of a squib load.

The factory barrels *really* like 155s and Varget... or N150 if you can't find Hodgdon stuff.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:36 AM
Silver Member

Re: Savage FTR

I'll look into one of the cheekrests. Thanks for the tip.