Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Long Range Competition

Long Range Competition Sniper stuff, groundhog shoots, egg shoots, 1000yd BR, F-Class

Quantico F-class?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2010, 11:23 AM
Silver Member

Quantico F-class?

I have never shot F-class and would like to try it. Quantico's website says there is a match on march 7. Anyone going?
I don't want to be a burden but is there anyone that might show me the ropes?
Do you have to be a member, or shoot as a member's guest?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Sam
Old 02-16-2010, 01:42 PM
Gold Member

Re: Quantico F-class?

You have to be a member or guest of a member. But it's no problem, if you show up Steve will let you shoot as his guest (he's the organizer). Several guys from here go to the matches too. Buffalobob is often there, E.Shell, Trebark, me, those are just off the top of my head. I think the price is $50 for none members. Bring atleast 60rnds of ammo. The course of fire is unlimited sighters 15 for score at 800, 2sighters 15 for score at 900, and 2 sighters 20 for score at 1000. Sign in is at 8:30 or 9:30, should def check up on that!

I'm not an experienced f-class shooter by any means so but I'd be happy to answer any more questions you have. Just shoot me a pm. Come say hi at the match, I'll the 16yo carrying around way more gear than neccasary

Hope this helps,
Oliver
Old 02-16-2010, 07:17 PM
Platinum Member

You should talk to Wilie or Steve before registration begins and have them pair you up with someone experienced. It is not exactly rocket science if you know what your drops are.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:42 PM
Platinum Member

Sam...the matches are great fun. They are casual and although they are called 'matches' they are not serious competition. Everyone there will be willing to help you with advice on wind doping to loaning you equipment you might need (bipod, rear bags, pen). Bubbalobob gave you some good advice, when you check-in, ask the organizer (Steve) to pair you with an experienced shooter.

Ed Shell who is often at the matches put together a nice list of things to bring to a match:

Quantico 10th Modified F-Class match November 8th - Maryland Shooters

Finally, when you know you're going to go, PM everybody that has responded to this thread. I know both Oliver and BB. Any of us would be glad to meet up with you (if we're going).
Old 02-17-2010, 01:58 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimoda View Post
I have never shot F-class and would like to try it. Quantico's website says there is a match on march 7. Anyone going?
I don't want to be a burden but is there anyone that might show me the ropes?
Do you have to be a member, or shoot as a member's guest?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Sam
Yea, IF the friggin snow ever melts.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:09 PM
Platinum Member

On range 4, it is melted down to about 2 ft now!

Just bring reaallll long bipod legs this time.

BH
Old 02-17-2010, 09:56 PM
Gold Member

Not letting a little residual snow stop me!! Want to get one more match in before my hunt in Texas.

I'll bring a snow shovel incase anyone else wants to dig themselves a little hole