Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Long Range Competition

Long Range Competition Sniper stuff, groundhog shoots, egg shoots, 1000yd BR, F-Class

Quantico F-class 3rd Match Results

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2008, 04:30 PM
Platinum Member

I was having trouble figuring it. I guess I had just never seen a 50 shot match. Every match I have shot in has been either 60 or 40 rounds for score.

That sounds like a pretty cool format. I see that a couple of 6.5x284s were shot, so I am assuming that you have F-open.

How far is quantico from Orange County VA ? My sis lives in Gordonsville and I visit pretty often (especially during deer season:p). If the matches are open to the public and it is within a couple of hours of Gordonsville I would be tempted to shoot that match....sounds like fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalobob View Post
We shoot 15 @ 800yds, 15 @ 900yds and 20 at 1K.

The range has no trees for the part close to the target. Its the 1K stuff where the 308 just dies away and doesn't have enough velocity to fight the wind near the targets. The wind flags are on very tall poles and lie about direction and speed down near the targets.

There simply is no RWS brass anywhere to be bought.
Old 04-01-2008, 06:29 PM
Platinum Member

Eddybo

We have our own goofy rules!!! Lots of jarheads involved in it. I like the rules. No front rests, only bipods or bags.

You will be only 65 miles away from Quantico. Just run over to Fredericksburg and then head up I-95 to Exit 148 (I think). The Jarheads are very relaxed about letting people on base being as their guns are loaded already. If the guy with the auto loader shotgun is standing there, don't make any jokes. He has a lot of buckshot but no sense of humor.

I don't shoot much competition during hunting season but if you are coming to see me shoot you aren't missing much. Watching me shoot is about the same as watching Wiley Coyote chase the Roadrunner .
Old 04-01-2008, 06:57 PM
Platinum Member

That is an apt description my my spotter chasing also.....Wiley Coyote....except nothing falls on me except my scores. Bipod or front rest doesnt matter as long as I dont have to shoot with a sling......those guys got skills. I will send you an email next time I am heading up to visit my sisterto see if they have a match if thats OK?
Old 04-01-2008, 08:08 PM
Platinum Member

Eddy, that would be fine.
Old 04-05-2008, 01:31 AM
Silver Member

Are there any other members here besides Buffalobob and myself who are shooting these matches at Quantico?

+1 for the Marine with the shotgun at the gate having no sense of humor...not that I've ever tried joking with him, but if I did I'm sure it wouldn't end well.
Old 04-05-2008, 07:28 AM
Platinum Member

There is one more member who has a rifle on the way and will shoot. I let him shoot my rifle about a month ago on a Rec Fire day from 100 yds.

The good news is, he shoots high and right, so he won't be much competition.

Old 04-05-2008, 08:43 AM
Platinum Member

And I finally remembered that there is one more guy who may come and shoot. He is a great guy and I will introduce you to him if he comes (and I remember).