Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Long Range Competition

Long Range Competition Sniper stuff, groundhog shoots, egg shoots, 1000yd BR, F-Class

New F-class matches in MS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2008, 08:04 PM
Platinum Member

New F-class matches in MS

Well lookee here F-class has spread to SW MS and they are shooting a sporter rifle class for folks who want to try out thier hunting guns. It isnt going to save me much gas because I m going to continue to attend the other matches, but this is close to home I cant pass that up.

Here is a partial copy of an email I received. I took out the personal contact info of the individual putting the match on. If anyone on the area has questions about attending and would like to speak with the person who will be in charge email me and I will forward your contact info to them.

Southwest Gun Club, Inc.
PO Box 1061 McComb, MS 39649
NRA Club # C1149 DCM Club # Y35005
Member USA Shooting and 4H Shooting Sports

600 Yard F-Class Rifle Match
May 31, 2008
When: Signup starts at 8:30 AM, shooting starts at 9:00 AM
What: We are starting a NRA F-Class league and this first match will be a practice match and will be followed with matches on the last Saturday of each month. Scores will be turned in to the NRA for mid range prone national records and classification. All shooting is done from prone position. Firearms can be bolt-action, single shot, lever action, or semi-auto. It needs to have the ability to shoot out to 600 yards. Normally, heavy barreled varmint/tactical rifles are commonly used.

CLASSES:
F-CLASS OPEN (F-O): Maximum weight including attachments 22 lbs, bipod or rest may be used along with rear bag (not inc. in wt), telescope of any power, .35 caliber maximum.
F-CLASS TARGET RIFLE (F-TR): Maximum weight including attachments 18.18 lbs, bipod only along with rear bag (rear bag not inc. in wt), telescope of any power, unmodified .223 REM & .308 WIN calibers only.
SPORTER RIFLE: 9.5 pounds with magazine and sights, telescope of 10 power or less, bipod or rest may be used, .35 caliber maximum.
Empty chamber indicators required all classes
No muzzle brakes
( For complete rules go to http://www.nrahq.org/compete/RuleBooks/HPR/hpr-w22.pdf

Old 05-19-2008, 08:47 PM
Platinum Member

Just my humble opinion but this phrase has some important information

Quote:
Firearms can be bolt-action, single shot, lever action, or semi-auto. It needs to have the ability to shoot out to 600 yards. Normally, heavy barreled varmint/tactical rifles are commonly used.
The part about being able to actually manage to shoot as far as the target is important. You will not score very high if your bullets don't make it to the target.

Its always embarrassing when you bullets just get tired of flying and fall out of the sky and tumble along in the grass scaring the doodle bugs.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:32 PM
Platinum Member

Yup I get laughed at all the time when my bullets impact the berm and I have the barrel pointed upwards at a 45 degree angle

Most of the folks around this area have never shot f-class I think they were trying to dissuade the thurty thurty shooters
Old 05-19-2008, 11:33 PM
Silver Member

f-class

Well Eddybo---I guess I will get my rear in gear and check out this shoot. PM incoming.
Old 05-20-2008, 06:17 AM
Platinum Member

Sunday was rainy and muddy and another first time shooter showed up with a short barreled 308 and Blackhills ammo. At 1K he couldn't stay on the target because of the rounds going subsonic..
Old 05-31-2008, 04:36 PM
Platinum Member

LRH members swept the f-open class at this match Congrats Jimbo300.....3rd place in your first f-class match is kickin butt. Another member KimR took second. I may not be as good a shooter as these guys but had em outgunned and squeaked it out. Except for the broiling we took a good time was had by all. I am pretty sure that the guy who took 1st in F-TR is also a member her but do not know his user name, sorry Ralph.

I am going to try my best to get two more members to show for the next one. How about it Adam and Richard?

I think I am going to weld an umbrella on my rest to keep my forehead from burning:mad:
Old 05-31-2008, 07:33 PM
Platinum Member

Thats great.