Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Long Range Competition

Long Range Competition Sniper stuff, groundhog shoots, egg shoots, 1000yd BR, F-Class

Montana Long Range Get-Together / Shoot

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2010, 09:30 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Montana Long Range Get-Together / Shoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by montana_native View Post
If I have a gun by then, I will try and make it.

I was hoping you could make it. If you still have that Savage 300 win. bring it along. Maybe I will have a weak moment..

Jeff
Old 06-29-2010, 02:16 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post
Anyone have any suggestions for somethng fun to place on the 1000 yard burm to shoot. We have back stops for your paper targets and a steel gong, but looking for a few fun ideas

Jeff
How about gettin' some tannerite, if everybody chipped in a little, it might be fun. And... IT'S LEGAL LOL. Tannerite Exploding Targets Official Website

Have fun.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:06 PM
Platinum Member

Tannerite, pretty cool. I checked out the 6+ minute instructional video and seems pretty safe and simple. Thanks for posting the link.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:47 PM
Platinum Member

Thanks for the ideas guys. I have some ideas in mind now...

It's this coming Saturday in Townsend Mt. Just to the north end of town, coss the river and up indian creek road to the west. Range is on the right. Look for the Gate and the "Broadwater Co. Rod and Gun Club" sign. Shooting from 4~8 pm.. later if we need to. Bring all your equipment , rifles, targets or what ever you like. Or just bring a lawn chair and visit. Nuthin fancy here just good fun burning some powder with local shooters.

Hope to see some of you there.

Jeff
Old 07-05-2010, 11:15 PM
Silver Member

Broz, I'll see if I can make it. I've got the girlfriend coming into town this weekend so I'm hoping there's a sale somewhere in town so I can sneak away
Old 07-06-2010, 07:53 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 406pat View Post
Broz, I'll see if I can make it. I've got the girlfriend coming into town this weekend so I'm hoping there's a sale somewhere in town so I can sneak away
Great !! She is welcome to come along also. I know there will be some other girls there too.

Jeff
Old 07-06-2010, 08:07 AM

Wife's B-day on the 10th. We are going to the Bozeman gun show, she wants new wading boots and there is a fellow there that sells them, I'm buying. She does like to shoot, but not on her B-day.

Also, my rifle is still at the gunsmith, promised no later than the first of April, then the middle of May, now I think I might have to buy something to hunt with since I'm beginning to doubt it will ever get done...

I would be very interested in a shoot at long range, the Livingston range only goes to 500 meters. So, hopefully, next time. Plus I've got friends in Helena and also the Townsend area that would be very interested so I'll tell them.