Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Long Range Competition

Long Range Competition Sniper stuff, groundhog shoots, egg shoots, 1000yd BR, F-Class

Mid Range & Long Range Competitions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2011, 10:46 AM

Mid Range & Long Range Competitions

Hello all!

I live and shoot in Minnesota. Both my wife and I shoot F Class and NRA High Power whenever and wherever possible. We have an RV and enjoy traveling, especially if we can include a match in our itinerary.

The past few summers we have vacationed at a ranch owned by some dear friends near Gillette, Wyoming during June and July. We are able to shoot on the ranch, but would like to find some organized or scheduled competition events in the area during that time frame. I have search on-line and have not had much luck finding any posted information, or any one to contact for info. It may be too early in the year yet for most clubs to have their schedules put together.

While on-line, I found a 1000 yard range in Worland Wyoming but no contact information or schedules. I think there is a 600 yard range in Billings Montana, but again, not much info.

Any information on normally scheduled events, contacts, phone numbers or e-mail contacts would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Gary LaValley (gamila)
Phoenix Precision
Old 01-15-2011, 09:59 AM
Bronze Member

Re: Mid Range & Long Range Competitions

Lander Valley has a HP programm, 1000 yard range mid range as well.
Lander Valley Sportsmen's Association
Old 01-15-2011, 10:13 AM
Silver Member

A good place to research HP matches is through "Shooting Sports" magazine put out by the NRA. There is a range just outside of Billings, MT with an active club. Butte has a range. Bizmark N.D. has a 1k range. I've shot at Lander many times and that's always a good choice. There is a 600yd range in Cheyenne somewhere. Since you are traveling you should expand your distance from Gillette. There are some awesome matches in Colorado during the summer. Byers is a great 1K range. There used to be a match up in the mountains West of Denver/Col. Springs that lasts a week and is very popular. One of the best ranges you will ever shoot on is at the NRA Whittington Center in Raton, N.M. They accommodate RVs or you can get a room there. Get a copy of the "Shooting Sports" and go from there.

Gordon
Old 01-15-2011, 10:49 AM
Bronze Member

++++1 for Byers and whittington.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:58 AM
Official LRH Sponsor

There is a 900 yard range just outside Cody, Wyoming. Its only a minute or two from Cody. I went there for a match a couple years ago. It was fun, met some great people. We had a unusual weekend of weather according to the locals. There was never enough wind to aim outside the nine ring, f-class. Byers is also a great range. Its 1 hour north or Denver. It can be a tough range to shoot. One benchrest match we had 10-40mph winds, shooting at 1000 yards. Needless to say one relay everybody dq'd. There is also the 600 yard Buffalo Creek Gun Club in Bailey, CO its an hour away from Denver. Its very pretty scenary there as it is in the mountains.