Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Long Range Competition

Long Range Competition Sniper stuff, groundhog shoots, egg shoots, 1000yd BR, F-Class

Help me understand competitive shooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2012, 12:04 AM
Bronze Member

Re: Help me understand competitive shooting

Awesome! Sounds like a blast! I wish I still lived in AZ so I could give it a try.

Ok, now that you got your feet wet into the world of competition, and you see how much fun it is, you need to take your hunting rifle over to Ben Avery and shoot a match of Metallic Silhouette. The February match is tomorrow so that is probably a little short notice. The March match is on the 11th. If it is in your power it would behoove you to give it a try. It is by far THE best and most challenging rifle competition available. I'll be flying from Georgia to AZ in April for the Arizona state High Power Silhouette championships. It's that much fun!

Here is the website for the club that puts on the matches at Ben Avery. They are of course open to the public.
Welcome!

They also hold high power silhouette matches out at Rio Salado gun club and that match is next Sunday (19th). And lastly, they also shoot high power silhouette down in Tucson on the 1st Sunday of the month. Damn, I am getting jealous. I just moved to Georgia and there is no high power silhouette in this state. It's killing me. I gotta travel to get my fix!

Here is a great website that explains Metallic Silhouette. This website is run by Jerry Webster who just happens to be another AZ resident.

http://www.riflesilhouette.com/

Give it a try! I haven't steered you wrong yet!
Old 02-12-2012, 01:20 AM
Gold Member

Re: Help me understand competitive shooting

"I haven't steered you wrong yet!"

HaHa no you sure haven't! Thanks for all the great feed back it's exactly what I was looking for! I'll read up on that link.