Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Long Range Competition

Long Range Competition Sniper stuff, groundhog shoots, egg shoots, 1000yd BR, F-Class

Factoryville, Pa. Long Range Day 2013

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2013, 09:20 PM
Silver Member

Re: Factoryville, Pa. Long Range Day 2013

thanks for the interest sukel, as still just starting out, we havn't gotten quite enough of a following as of yet to do shooter classes. plus there's nothing about it that is actually sanctioned or could be sanctioned.

for the most part, it's a bunch of shooters taking a morning to stretch out a little longer than what is immediately available in the area.

the sizes of the steel mimic most of the scoring rings found in many other official events to give a guy or gal the confidence to know that they can get within a scoring ring. for those that like to hunt, the sizes aso give an idea of the chest cavity of game so that ranging and dope can be established.

but, hopefully when everyone starts getting bored with the bench, they'll move over to the "tactical course" and shoot for points competing against each other.

at that point, perhaps different rifle / shooter divisions or classes could be put into place.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:57 PM
Silver Member

Just a bump for the long range day at FSC this upcoming Saturday.

Last month the weather was blustery, wet and cold, only a 6 guys showed up, but knew how to hit steel through the gusts. Hopefully this month's weather will be more appealing.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:08 AM
Platinum Member

Where the heck is Factoryville???
Old 06-18-2013, 06:10 PM
Silver Member

N.E. Pa, between Scranton/Clarks Summit and Tunkhannock. About 5 miles from nowhere

put "factoryville sportsman's club factoryville pa" in google maps and there it is.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:47 PM
Silver Member

Additional bump for our shoot, Saturday July 27, 0800 - 1200

still working some bugs out, it's not the longest or biggest of matches, but no complaints so far.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:36 PM
Silver Member

Just a quick reminder this upcoming Saturday, August 24, from 8:00 am to noon, will be the Long Range Day event at Factoryville Sportsman's club.

It's the second to last one this year, where does the time go?
Old 09-22-2013, 10:40 AM
Silver Member

Just a quick reminder this upcoming Saturday, September 28, from 8:00 am to noon, will be the last Long Range Day event at Factoryville Sportsman's club.

One doesn't have to come at 0800 (or earlier), or stay the whole duration unless they want to.

The Tactical side hasn't progressed as much as I'd thought (but still available to shoot of the "Tactical" course), most folks are still just tinkering off the bench or prone without the points / competition feel. I predict that'll change for next year as the "regulars" may be getting bored with that "static" for fun feel.

Though these went over well this year, a lot was learned from this 1st year, and will be stepping it up a notch in 2014, including more steel and "other" reactive targets and scenarios, additional shooting stations, better benches, scrapping what didn't work and enhancing what did work / what was popular, and better utilization of the competition flavored tactical course - maybe with some sort of prize money or "coupon" to use toward a future match to help motivate this part of it.