Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Long Range Competition

Long Range Competition Sniper stuff, groundhog shoots, egg shoots, 1000yd BR, F-Class

F class for varmint rigs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-20-2009, 07:46 PM
Silver Member
F class for varmint rigs

We all know that we CAN enter an F class match with our long range hunting rigs.
My question is this; is there a class specifically for rifles more like varmint rifles as apposed to dedicated target rigs. I would love to enter a match where no rear bag was allowed and your bipod must be a field type bipod. No double turbo superpods that you find on dedicated target rifles
.308 Howa 1500, varmint supreme. 24" .820 barrel, Roedale precision brake.
.223 Howa 1500, varmint supreme, 24" .820 barrel.
RRA 20" predator pursuite, Magpul PRS, ALG trigger,

Unread 05-14-2009, 05:08 AM
Bronze Member
Re: F class for varmint rigs

In New Zealand and I assume elsewhere the two officially recognised classes are F-Class Open Class, and F-T/R (F-Class Target Rifle Class).
However this year during the National Rifle Association of New Zealand F-Class champs held in March we added two unofficial club-level classes; F Class Tactical/Hunter Open and F Class Tactical/Hunter Production (223/308). This was to allow shooters with rifles in more of a tactical, long range hunting, or varmint configuration to compete against similar rifles. All such rifles could only shoot from a bi-pod or backpack. Rear bags were permitted. All such rifles had to have a magazine and shooters were permitted to either fed manually or fed from the magazine. The number of rounds fired, the range distances shot, & targets were the same as the two official classes; the only difference was the equipment.

Winning Rifles in each Class were:
F-Class Open: Barnard in 284Win
F/TR: Barnard in .308
Tach/Hunt Open: Surgeon/AICS in 6.5mm08 AckImp
Tach/Hunt Prod: FNH A3G in .308

So I guess anything is possible if clubs / organisations are able to accommodate.