Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Long Range Competition

Long Range Competition Sniper stuff, groundhog shoots, egg shoots, 1000yd BR, F-Class

f-class muzzle break?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2009, 01:38 PM
Platinum Member

Re: f-class muzzle break?

BB actually meant I-95, not 90. Go to exit 148 (40 miles below DC) and turn west. go 4 miles to range 4 which is at the water tower on your right.

for info on the matches, go to the link below for LR shooters of Virginia.

Longrange Shooters of Va. - Welcome

BH
Old 02-18-2009, 02:26 PM
Gold Member

Are matches at Quantico open to non-members? The drive isn't that bad lol.
Old 02-18-2009, 02:33 PM
Platinum Member

Yes, open to non members.

However, go to the website for the Quantico Shooting Club and fill out an application to get on the list for civilian membership. The QSC will be holding the NRA sanctioned matches.

There is a move underfoot to get a lot more milititary members which allows more civilian members. Ratio must be two military for every one civilian.

BH
Old 02-18-2009, 02:51 PM
Gold Member

I thought the app said that you had to live or work within 60 miles? If not...
Old 02-18-2009, 03:27 PM
Silver Member

If no muzzle brakes, what about suppressors?

Bill

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

http://waitesandbalances.blogspot.com/
Old 02-18-2009, 03:45 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
If no muzzle brakes, what about suppressors?
If you have paper work we don't care what you shoot, but it will be along drive for you!! For official NRA matches there are no suppressors allowed.

I believe a forum member named Milanuk lives up close to you, as does Guy M. They shoot F-class and Highpower and would know more about the rules of the matches in your area.

Bowhunthard

Unless you are going to come down often to shoot rec fire, I am not sure it is cost effective to be a member. You are charged the same amount to shoot a match irregardless of membership. A lot of us got very tired of the QSC giving us the short end of the stick and went and elected officers from the F-class shooters so we are now going to be a more mainstream segment of the shooting than the orphan stepchild we were.

On rec fire (practice) days the cost for a nonmember is $10, so you would have to really come down a lot to recover your costs. I don't even know why I stay a member except it supports the organization.
Old 02-18-2009, 04:00 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalobob View Post
If you have paper work we don't care what you shoot, but it will be along drive for you!! For official NRA matches there are no suppressors allowed.

I believe a forum member named Milanuk lives up close to you, as does Guy M. They shoot F-class and Highpower and would know more about the rules of the matches in your area.

Bowhunthard

Unless you are going to come down often to shoot rec fire, I am not sure it is cost effective to be a member. You are charged the same amount to shoot a match irregardless of membership. A lot of us got very tired of the QSC giving us the short end of the stick and went and elected officers from the F-class shooters so we are now going to be a more mainstream segment of the shooting than the orphan stepchild we were.

On rec fire (practice) days the cost for a nonmember is $10, so you would have to really come down a lot to recover your costs. I don't even know why I stay a member except it supports the organization.
Milanuk actually is really close, less than 70 miles or so, and was an instructor at a Precision Rilfe course I went to last April. GuyM is also pretty close. I will be seeing Milanuk again in April I think, at that same course, and I talk with him by email from time to time.

I will get in touch with him again.

Bill

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

http://waitesandbalances.blogspot.com/