This weekend is the big weekend. All the sponsors have been unbelievable and very thoughtful in their commitments. The course is unbelievably green and lush as SE Wyoming has had an amazing spring and early summer as far as moisture goes.
The match format will run with 4 squads and will consist of 6 areas (4 on Saturday and 2 on Sunday.)
Friday, June 20th:
Early Registration, zero, safety briefing will be from 12pm - 6pm. (if you cannot make this please arrive 30 minutes early on Saturday morn.) We have a practice stage set up along with a 100 yd zero paper target board.
Saturday, June 21st - Match Day 1
Squads 1 & 2 will shoot Areas 1 & 2 first. Squads 3 & 4 will shoot areas 3 & 4.
8:00am Welcome and safety briefing.
8:30am Match Starts - Squads go to their respective areas
12:00pm-1:00pm BBQ Lunch
Mid-day flip flop Squads 1 & 2 shoot areas 3 & 4, Squads 3 & 4 shoot areas 1 & 2, respectivly.
5pm match ends
5:30pmMatch Dinner by the Pie Tin Lady
Day 1 complete
Sunday, June 22nd - Match Day 2
Squads 1 & 2 combined shoot Area 5 first then move to Area 6. Squads 3 & 4 combined shoot Area 6 first then move to Area 5.
8:00am Day 2 starts (subject to change based on timing)
Lunch on the go from Subway.
2:00pm Match Ends
2:30pm Awards/Prize table at MAIN TENT (we would like to have you on the road no later than 3pm so people can catch flights back.)
What to bring?
• Binos- bring them if you got them, as you can see in the pics below, you will want to look over that beautiful country.
• Lasers- are allowed to check our provided distances, but are not necessary.
• Bipod- If you have a extra longer one for more angled shots it could come in handy, if not use your bag.
• Bag and Kit- bring a pack with any kit you may need to carry tools, clothing, shooting bags, ammo etc.
• AMMO- there are 5 targets at each stage, there is 18 stages =90 targets, you will have up to 180 rounds max to complete the COF.
• We will have water and food on site.
• Good hiking shoes or boots along with gloves, elbow pads and knee pads may help keep cactus out of you. (there will be some light hiking, enough to make you pant for a few minutes.) We will definitely have plenty of water for folks to get hydrated because of the heat and elevation.
Targets are mostly all hangers averaging 1-1/2 to 2 moa in size.
ranges are from 300-1400 yards, the longer targets will have flashers on them to back up spotters.
We may ask squad members to help spot some targets and if the spotter elects to use your help he will ask.
If you need anything or need questions answered please let us know before Wednesday night. We will be on location and without cell service. We will have plenty of signs and banners so you shouldn't get lost! ;)
We have made just one format change with regards to scoring, but will explain that when you get here, it's a strategic 2-1 point system with only first round impacts counting for 2 points.
Look forward to seeing you all at the match!
Pics of a couple of stages for a preview....