Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Long Range Competition

Long Range Competition Sniper stuff, groundhog shoots, egg shoots, 1000yd BR, F-Class

Action configurations for BR & F-class?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2011, 04:38 PM

Action configurations for BR & F-class?

Time to plan a new rig and wondering what has been the most "convenient" for right handed shooters using a joystick front rest. I like to keep my left hand on the stick and curious about the dual port actions. Leaning towards what I am comfortable with but always like to look at "different approaches." I guess my options would be (RB,RP), RB,LP,RE) and (RB,RP,LE). and ejector or not? Probably a BAT M or MB. comments please, thanks, Eric
Old 03-02-2011, 05:15 PM
Gold Member

Re: Action configurations for BR & F-class?

For Benchrest I much prefer the RB,LP,RE configuration. I also have a RB,LP action and I think it is too slow because you have to wait for the fired case to completely clear the eject port before loading a new round. I know it slows me down more than the dual port. For F-Class I don't think there is the advantage to the left loading, in fact it may be a disadvantage. Since you are using your left arm to support you it is easier to maintain your shooting position if you don't need to use your left arm to load as well as support you.

James