Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Long Range Competition

Long Range Competition Sniper stuff, groundhog shoots, egg shoots, 1000yd BR, F-Class

2013 Long Range Shoots In Townsend Montana

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2013, 09:53 PM
Platinum Member

Re: 2013 Long Range Shoots In Townsend Montana

Guys, I am sorry to report I am going to miss the first shoot on April 20th. But I have made arrangements for another Range Safety Office to take my place. So the shoot will go on!!! The RSO will be Scott McDonald. Scott is a great guy and a retired law enforcement officer. We have talked about the shoot and what goes on. If some of you guys that have been there before wouldn't mind please give him a hand and let him know what we usually do.

I will go up before hand and paint targets and make sure everything is ready to go. I also plan to do a little work with a skid loader and clear some brush, as well as set out some new rocks at various distances. How about a few larger rocks on the face at of the 1000 yard berm?

I wish I could be there but I just learned that we will be branding calves that day. So at least I will get some saddle time on ole Hank.

Have fun and I will see you all, at the June shoot.

Jeff
Old 03-31-2013, 10:04 AM
Silver Member

Take care of those ribs!! (or whatever could hit the ground)
Cliff
Old 03-31-2013, 10:37 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffM View Post
Take care of those ribs!! (or whatever could hit the ground)
Cliff
, Ha ha!! He will never get out from under me again...

Jeff
Old 04-17-2013, 04:04 PM
Platinum Member

Ok long range shooters! I just got home from the range and gave all targets a tune up. All targets are up and ready with a fresh coat of paint. You will also notice some new targets since your last visit. Now, along with the steel gongs at 200, 300, 400 and 500 meters, there are swinging animal silhouette targets. A chicken, pig, turkey, and ram. Then we have the small steel gong at 600 yards, just past that to the right the diminishing rocks with a fresh coat of paint, another rock up past the 600 yard gong, another gong at somewhere near 750, a large rock on a wire spool past that painted with a white patch, then the gong at 850ish, and today I set up 4 rocks and painted them white on the face of the 1000 berm. Two have orange dots for an aim point. These should be great for sighting in for the 1000 yard gong.

Scott McDonald will be the range officer there Saturday. Please give him a hand if he needs any help.

Have a great shoot, and be safe!!

See you all at the June 15th shoot.

Jeff ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 04-21-2013, 10:00 AM
Gold Member

Thanks Scott and Broz for setting and working the range. As always shooting with experienced folks is a pleasure and not possible without the work of those making it happen. And as usual with MT we were able to play with the wind, lots of wind with some quick changes. I would love to make the other shoots and bring some of my favorite guns but unfortunately for the next several months my weekend schedule is full. If events change I will be there.

Thanks again.
Old 04-21-2013, 06:06 PM
Platinum Member

Another thanks to Jeff and Scott for there efforts to make this a memorable event!

Had a great time and glad to meet a few of the other long Rangers!

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams
Old 04-21-2013, 11:36 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post
, Ha ha!! He will never get out from under me again...

Jeff
Jeff, Is that whatcha call a self fulfilling prophecy?

Thanks very much for everything you did. I was in a bit of a bind. BDG hauled my rig home in fine style. . .

Mark,

Which one were you? I'm horrible @ remembering names. I have faces down pretty good.