Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Long Range Competition

Long Range Competition Sniper stuff, groundhog shoots, egg shoots, 1000yd BR, F-Class

2013 Long Range Shoots In Townsend Montana

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2013, 12:29 AM
Platinum Member

Re: 2013 Long Range Shoots In Townsend Montana

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaRifleman View Post
Yeah I was wondering bout that too. Glad you won't be showing up early.

Me and Broz have been known to show up a day late for gun rally in Helena
I was on a pretty heavy drug dose when I posted that.

I'm clean now.

Restocked one of my Kirby creations and shot a 0.440 MOA 200 yd group this afternoon while zeroing. Now I'm afraid to shoot the sucker in case that group is a fluke.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:20 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaRifleman View Post
Me and Broz have been known to show up a day late for gun rally in Helena
That we did, still don't understand why they had a rally on Friday...

IdahoRedneck, I wish you all the luck and Gods Blessings with your sons surgeries. If you decide you can make the trip let me know if we can help in any way, it would be great to meet you.

Jeff
Old 03-20-2013, 09:41 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post
That we did, still don't understand why they had a rally on Friday...

IdahoRedneck, I wish you all the luck and Gods Blessings with your sons surgeries. If you decide you can make the trip let me know if we can help in any way, it would be great to meet you.

Jeff
Thanks for the well wishes Broz, we'll see how things go with my boy, and if I can swing it ill try to make at least one of em.

The 2nd Amendment......America's original Homeland Security.

Ethan Parke........roped the deer in 1953. Put tags in his ears turned him loose then shot him in 1955. Always liked this pic
The story was told to me by his wife who owned the little motel we stayed at on a deer hunt in Malta Idaho about 17 years ago...... Youll never see that again. Just a cool pic of Idaho deer huntin history
Old 03-20-2013, 11:27 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoRedneck View Post
Thanks for the well wishes Broz, we'll see how things go with my boy, and if I can swing it ill try to make at least one of em.
Dan prayer's goin out for your family. Utah medical services have allowed me to postpone death at least 3 times in the last 2 years. I doubt that I used up all of their resources.

Remember I'm always available for a LR experience. I have a mile setup in that same canyon. Plus my back yard is good for 1172.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:54 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by royinidaho View Post
Dan prayer's goin out for your family. Utah medical services have allowed me to postpone death at least 3 times in the last 2 years. I doubt that I used up all of their resources.

Remember I'm always available for a LR experience. I have a mile setup in that same canyon. Plus my back yard is good for 1172.
Thanks Roy, for the prayers. Ive been following your endevors and have sent many your way. That kidney thread blew my head clean off. Glad things are goin smooth for ya and your feelin better.

Utah docs are the best.....we're just hopin this time will be the last so he can be done with docs, and just be a kid......Its pretty bad when ya go to a consult, and your 2 year old grabs the stethoscope and puts it on his chest. He shouldnt know that.......hes two.

Ive got your number and was just waitin for the snow to burn off and dry out a little bit up there and then you can bet ill call ya. Bought a Kestrel and would like 2 Double check its readings against your leica just to make sure its calibrated correctly for this high country. Ya never know when ya buy used. Also my notes were terrible that day, due to pure excitement..........some how I ended up half a MOA off from shooter to what I shot. And the 26 mph wind didnt help, my numbers aint jivin now for some reason, there not Minute of coyote anyway, so some work is in order

Wow, anyway sorry for the hijack Broz, and hopefully I can make at least one shoot

The 2nd Amendment......America's original Homeland Security.

Ethan Parke........roped the deer in 1953. Put tags in his ears turned him loose then shot him in 1955. Always liked this pic
The story was told to me by his wife who owned the little motel we stayed at on a deer hunt in Malta Idaho about 17 years ago...... Youll never see that again. Just a cool pic of Idaho deer huntin history
Old 03-21-2013, 07:56 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoRedneck View Post
Wow, anyway sorry for the hijack Broz, and hopefully I can make at least one shoot
No problem at all. This thread is representation of our shoots. We shoot and visit shoot some more. No set agenda.

Take care.

Jeff
Old 03-21-2013, 10:19 PM
Bronze Member

I'd like to make one of these shoots. Probably one of the first two. Who knows, maybe both! I could use a lot of instruction with my 338 edge. Hopefully I'll have my 243 sorted out by then! I only a couple hours from Townsend and would love to meet ya'll!