Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Long Range Competition

Long Range Competition Sniper stuff, groundhog shoots, egg shoots, 1000yd BR, F-Class

2013 Long Range Shoots In Townsend Montana

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2013, 11:46 PM
Platinum Member

Re: 2013 Long Range Shoots In Townsend Montana

Jeff,

I'll opt to camp at that little spot by lake/river or whatever.

Want to try some new equipment.

I'll bring that pecker-wood 375 and let some of the guys drive it. Even bng's daughter. Need to get some interest going on the really big cartridges.

I'll be there on the 4th.

Hopefully I'll be spending the rest of the summer scouting. Hope to get a moose permit. Yeah, right!!!???

Also need to workout details/procedures on the packing with goats thing. Nothing like spending time in the hills w/goats.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:56 PM
Platinum Member

What shoot are you going to be at Roy? Still trying to talk my Dad into taking me. want to try out my 284 win and 338 Lapua on Jeff's home turf and learn some things from you guys, especially on form and follow through, i think thats my week spot.

Riley

I'm 15
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
~George Washington

"The only advantage a light rifle has is weight, all other advantages go to the heavy rifle."
~ JE CUSTOM

"Dope that scope and tickle that giggle switch"

~Doublezranch

Biggest fail of 2014 so far... http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ea-ftf-128972/
Old 03-19-2013, 12:06 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnesuser28 View Post
What shoot are you going to be at Roy? Still trying to talk my Dad into taking me. want to try out my 284 win and 338 Lapua on Jeff's home turf and learn some things from you guys, especially on form and follow through, i think thats my week spot.

Riley
Riley,

April 4. That will be about 4 days after all physical restrictions are lifted by the medical folks. Won't be luggin' around any buckets of concrete but I'll get along..

Make it then and see if you are "man" enough to drive a 375 AM.

May have to fill your pockets with dirt to weigh you down a bit.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:19 AM
Platinum Member

I am only seeing an April 20th, guessing that one then? As for shooting your 375 AM, i think i may send one or two down range, i might need to move the gun forward a couple feet after each shot though.

I'm 15
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
~George Washington

"The only advantage a light rifle has is weight, all other advantages go to the heavy rifle."
~ JE CUSTOM

"Dope that scope and tickle that giggle switch"

~Doublezranch

Biggest fail of 2014 so far... http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ea-ftf-128972/
Old 03-19-2013, 11:26 PM
Silver Member

Damn that sounds like a good time...... I would love to make it and meet up with ya'all but I just cant swing it this year. We have another surgery to go on our son so we are out three trips to Salt Lake.

I have learned a ton from you guys and hope to make it perhaps next year. Till then have fun guys.

Roy hope all is well and your recovery is going smooth. How far is Townsend from here anyway.....

Edit..........just looked at google maps, 4 hrs....... Now I really wish I could make it. Have fun guys.

The 2nd Amendment......America's original Homeland Security.

Ethan Parke........roped the deer in 1953. Put tags in his ears turned him loose then shot him in 1955. Always liked this pic
The story was told to me by his wife who owned the little motel we stayed at on a deer hunt in Malta Idaho about 17 years ago...... Youll never see that again. Just a cool pic of Idaho deer huntin history
Old 03-19-2013, 11:59 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnesuser28 View Post
I am only seeing an April 20th, guessing that one then? As for shooting your 375 AM, i think i may send one or two down range, i might need to move the gun forward a couple feet after each shot though.
My bad!

Apr 20 it is. I'll be there.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:05 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by royinidaho View Post
My bad!

Apr 20 it is. I'll be there.
Yeah I was wondering bout that too. Glad you won't be showing up early.

Me and Broz have been known to show up a day late for gun rally in Helena

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams