Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Long Range Competition

Long Range Competition Sniper stuff, groundhog shoots, egg shoots, 1000yd BR, F-Class

2013 Long Range Shoots In Townsend Montana

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2013, 10:25 PM
Platinum Member

Re: 2013 Long Range Shoots In Townsend Montana

MMERSS, I am going to use your G7 BC that you found with your 308 win, and see how it matches up with my drops.

I will be much more prepared for this one.

I got my Magnetospeed V2 today so i will bring that along.

I got my 284 win dialed in shooting 1/2 MOA at 300 yards with 1/2" of vertical.

And the 30/375 S.I. is shooting 1/2 MOA with the 210 ALR with very minimal load work. I might give the 230 berger target a try down the road.

I'm 15
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
~George Washington

"The only advantage a light rifle has is weight, all other advantages go to the heavy rifle."
~ JE Custom

Biggest fail of 2014 so far... http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ea-ftf-128972/
Old 08-13-2013, 10:57 PM
Silver Member

I have a predicament! I really wanted to get to one of these shoots! So the family and I are going camping at confederate bay, and yes my wife knows my plan. This way I can put some names to faces, but I do not have my arsenal ready! My ultra is shooting like a shot gun recently, 105 amax 6mm bullets are as rare as a Yellowstone elk. My 300wm is at Randy Melvin's still and blah blah blah! But darn it I can bring my smile!
Old 08-13-2013, 11:16 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster740 View Post
I have a predicament! I really wanted to get to one of these shoots! So the family and I are going camping at confederate bay, and yes my wife knows my plan. This way I can put some names to faces, but I do not have my arsenal ready! My ultra is shooting like a shot gun recently, 105 amax 6mm bullets are as rare as a Yellowstone elk. My 300wm is at Randy Melvin's still and blah blah blah! But darn it I can bring my smile!
Rooster, I have 3 LR shooters not quite ready for prime time yet. So' I'm bringing my 223 like I did last time. Looking forward to seeing ya there!

I do have pics on my phone

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams
Old 08-13-2013, 11:56 PM
Silver Member

After a year or better of "intending" to make one of these shoots, I think it might could happen! I'm looking forward to meeting a bunch of you in person.
Old 08-14-2013, 02:03 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster740 View Post
Hank, do you need a ride from Confederate Camp grounds? I live close and could swing through and pick you up Sat am. if that would in any way help? Not meaning that your wife and family are not welcome too, just tossing it out there. You don't need a rifle, it would be great to finally meet you in person.

Jeff
Old 08-14-2013, 02:11 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by minute of elk View Post
After a year or better of "intending" to make one of these shoots, I think it might could happen! I'm looking forward to meeting a bunch of you in person.
Good Deal!

Jeff
Old 08-14-2013, 08:15 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnesuser28 View Post
MMERSS, I am going to use your G7 BC that you found with your 308 win, and see how it matches up with my drops.

I will be much more prepared for this one.

I got my Magnetospeed V2 today so i will bring that along.

I got my 284 win dialed in shooting 1/2 MOA at 300 yards with 1/2" of vertical.

And the 30/375 S.I. is shooting 1/2 MOA with the 210 ALR with very minimal load work. I might give the 230 berger target a try down the road.
I wish I could make the shoot. I'm out of town this weekend. I wouldn't mind seeing the 210's behind a developed load. You may be one of the first to post developed precision results.