Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Long Range Competition

Long Range Competition Sniper stuff, groundhog shoots, egg shoots, 1000yd BR, F-Class

02/28/09 - Prone/F-Class match, East Wenatchee WA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2009, 04:58 PM
Gold Member

02/28/09 - Prone/F-Class match, East Wenatchee WA

Standard NRA Approved match, 60rds plus sighters, 600yds.

contact @ memilanuk@gmail.com or see www.ncwgunclub.com for more info
Old 02-18-2009, 05:40 PM
Silver Member

Re: 02/28/09 - Prone/F-Class match, East Wenatchee WA

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanuk View Post
Standard NRA Approved match, 60rds plus sighters, 600yds.

contact @ memilanuk@gmail.com or see www.ncwgunclub.com for more info
DANG IT, Dang it, dang it!!

Regional basketball tournaments!! Couldn't you have waited two weeks!?

Whens the next one in Eastern WA?

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

http://waitesandbalances.blogspot.com/
Old 02-18-2009, 05:55 PM
Gold Member

Rattlesnake is having a two-day Palma/65 (15rds each @ 8/9/1k, plus another 20 @ 1k) on March 28-29 is the next one I can find over on this side of the hill... then some more @ Rattlesnake in April & May.

Our next Prone/F-Class match here is June 28th, then October 19th. We have some Across-The-Course matches between now and then... maybe haul that Grendel out and shoot it in the new 'Tactical Rifle' class? ;)
Old 02-18-2009, 08:36 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanuk View Post
Rattlesnake is having a two-day Palma/65 (15rds each @ 8/9/1k, plus another 20 @ 1k) on March 28-29 is the next one I can find over on this side of the hill... then some more @ Rattlesnake in April & May.

Our next Prone/F-Class match here is June 28th, then October 19th. We have some Across-The-Course matches between now and then... maybe haul that Grendel out and shoot it in the new 'Tactical Rifle' class? ;)
Maybe!! I'll do lousy, but it will be fun!

Are you going to teach again at Boomershoot?

Bill

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Old 02-18-2009, 09:33 PM
Gold Member

Dunno yet. I need to ping Mr. Econ and see what he has planned for this year. Sometimes he uses folks from the training cadre there @ Ft. Lewis; they've been deployed a lot the last couple years which is where I came in ;)
Old 02-18-2009, 09:49 PM
Silver Member

Understood. Hope you do, looking forward to talking and learning from you!

I sent you and email about reloading, since I didn't want to clutter this thread up.

Bill

Thomas Jefferson

Old 03-01-2009, 06:22 PM
Gold Member

First, a link to the results

Overall, a very nice day out - temps in the low 40's, just sunny enough for some light mirage, and a gentle breeze (3-5mph from 8-9 o'clock, occasional gusts up to 8-10 during mid-day, then dropping back off in the afternoon). Despite the mild conditions, it was still surprisingly 'squirrelly' out there - the wind flags (all two of them) going in opposite directions, and the bullet impact on target disagreeing with both. Such is life ;)

I think the majority of the WA sling shooters must have been over @ Plantation - we had one Senior (Orv Vanderlin), one Junior (Karsten Lorentz), one person shooting 'Other' (i.e. F-Class with a muzzle brake), and the rest all shot F-class. At least 2/3 were new shooters - this was either their first or second match. A number of guys from the tactical and long range hunting venues came out to give things a try.

Overall I think everybody had a good time; there was a bit of a learning curve going on for most, and a few bugs still need to be worked out of the new target carriers - should be easily straightened out for the XTC match later this month. A couple people either got called away or had gun problems and didn't get to finish the match, so hopefully we'll get to see them back again next time.

Take care,

Monte