Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Photography > Nature Photography

Hello !!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2009, 01:36 PM

Hello !!

I was just informed about this forum ( by one of you members , not sure of the name he uses here thought ) and joined and thought i would say Hi !!

Photography i also a passion besides hunting everything i can and fly fishing .

Started doing photography again after a long break of 25 years ( all work and no play ) when i move to N.Utah . I now use a Canon 20D and a 17-40 F4L lens . No tele's for wildlife just don't have the $$$ for them . I hope to get a Canon 5D in the near future . He is a link to the photos i have taken (so far ) in my area , Cache Valley .

Robkempton : photos : Nature Photography by Robert Kempton- powered by SmugMug

Thanks RobK
Old 01-15-2009, 01:52 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Hello !!

Welcome to the forum.

I kinda play with Photography as well, but haven't had much time lately. I have a Canon 30D with the 70-200 F4/l IS, 17-40 f4/L and the normal kit lens. I just looked at your pictures, very Nice! Is the 17-40mm your only lens, or where some of those pictures taken with another lens? Do you do any major post processing besides the Canon DPP?

I have a couple Long Range rifles too

Welcome,
AJ

My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives

Last edited by AJ Peacock; 01-15-2009 at 01:56 PM. Reason: added note re: the pictures.
Old 01-15-2009, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Peacock View Post
Welcome to the forum.

I kinda play with Photography as well, but haven't had much time lately. I have a Canon 30D with the 70-200 F4/l IS, 17-40 f4/L and the normal kit lens. I just looked at your pictures, very Nice! Is the 17-40mm your only lens, or where some of those pictures taken with another lens? Do you do any major post processing besides the Canon DPP?

I have a couple Long Range rifles too

Welcome,
AJ
The 17-40 is the only lens i have besides the kit lens that came my camera . I take my photos in Raw but they get converted to Tiff with my Old photo shop 7 , that i don't have a clue how to use . The only thing i use is sharpening and contrast . I am clueless on how to use layers or 90% of photo shop . I have a 2stop soft Singh-Ray Neutral Density Grad Filter and a circler polarizing filter . I try to do everything i can with the camera and very little post processing. I also get photos printed on Canvas here( Photos Printed on Canvas) and they do a great job for a good price .
Old 01-15-2009, 02:16 PM

The only guns i have are , two marlin .17hmr's , One TC SS Encore .50 cal muzzy and a Benelli Nova Camo for waterfowl and a 10-22 Ruger Charger .