Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Bowhunting

starter bow for kids

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2014, 02:29 PM

Re: starter bow for kids

See if you can find a used Mission Craze. Great bow for kids and plenty of room to grow into it. Might be on the high end of your range though. I'm not familiar with the others models to comment.
Old 02-20-2014, 07:08 PM
Bronze Member

PSE Fever or Fever One have great range in draw length and poundage. I just ordered my 12 yo daugther a 50 lbs fever one. It is an awsome bow. I think one of the best if not the best kids/ladies bow on the market. She had a Ruckus and my boy had a bear. Both were stolen last year. This PSE blows the hoyt away. it has a solid wall and draws really smooth.

just my .02.
Old 02-22-2014, 09:39 AM
Official LRH Sponsor

Bear Archery
Apprentice

Their youth bow is awesome it adjusts out to 27-28 in draw and from 20-60#
Old 03-04-2014, 10:46 AM
Silver Member

+1 for the infinite edge. Fully adjustable from 5-70 lbs, lots of draw length adjustments and can be shot for a long time without out outgrowing it. Plus you can easily adjust it yourself.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:58 AM
Gold Member

Browning used to have a great line of small bows for kids and women. I think they we called the micro series with the micro Midas being the most expensive at around $250. I bought my wife one called the Lady Impulse for $200. And that was new. It's adjustable from 30-45 lbs and they have very large cams for making the draw easy. My wife loved it. It is very compact, light, quiet, and very accurate. She still has it stored away for our boy to use when he gets a few years older but has a Mission now and loves it. I don't know if browning still has this line but they were very good bows at a very affordable price.

Here is a pic. Most of the accessories went on the mission. Other than the sting additions, and limb savers, this is how the bow comes. Mossy oak camo and a laminated wood grip. 32" axle to axle. Weighs approx 3 lbs

Jared
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
starter bow for kids-image.jpg  
Old 04-16-2014, 11:24 AM

I would look into the Diamond Razor Edge by Bowtech. Fairly inexpensive, fast, and light weight. I'm a teenager and I've had the Razor Edge for years. Shoots very fast and would fit a beginner easily. I pulled 60 pounds and had a 27 inch draw length. Had no problems with the bow and they could use the bow for many years to come. I bought the new Carbon Knight so Bowtech is a very good company. I would also look into the Matthews Riot because my friend has killed 3 deer with his bow and it is very fast, smooth, and quiet. The Hoyt Ruckus is a very good decision but my opinion is a Razor Edge or Riot is the best way to go for a beginner.
Old 04-16-2014, 01:18 PM
Bronze Member

The Mathews Mission Riot it goes down to 15 pounds and up to 70 its draw length is 19 to 29 inches it could fit almost everybody a really good bow. I know from personal experience