Quieting my bow

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-10-2014, 05:33 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Quieting my bow

check out sims vibration lab. They have some good stuff

Unread 05-14-2014, 06:09 PM

One word... Bowjax. If your stock sting had nock sets on it and string silencers on it . That is all wt on your string. Try to add wt to the string in locations same as stock string. Should help. I feel bowjax work better then limbsavers. But some testing will get that thing whisper quiet..good luck
Unread 05-24-2014, 01:59 PM
Bronze Member

Thanks for all the tips. I put a string stop on and it worked great I also bought some bow jax and as soon as I can borrow a press I will put those on but I am super happy with the string stop.
Unread 05-24-2014, 11:03 PM
Silver Member

Are you pulling max weight? This may just be me but I shoot a Hoyt from 60-70 pounds draw weight. I was shooting about 63# of pull and started cranking it down to get ready for hunting season. It seems like the closer I get to the max draw weight the quieter the bow has gotten. It might just be me though.
Unread 05-25-2014, 04:18 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullboss View Post
Thanks for all the tips. I put a string stop on and it worked great I also bought some bow jax and as soon as I can borrow a press I will put those on but I am super happy with the string stop.
Or upgrade your bow. I think its time
Unread 05-26-2014, 03:54 PM
Bronze Member

Korhil if you give loans I will upgrade 0% interest would be great. I already bought two bows this year and planning on one more. So I am on the back burner for now.
Unread 05-26-2014, 03:56 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Sparky View Post
Are you pulling max weight? This may just be me but I shoot a Hoyt from 60-70 pounds draw weight. I was shooting about 63# of pull and started cranking it down to get ready for hunting season. It seems like the closer I get to the max draw weight the quieter the bow has gotten. It might just be me though.
Tore up my shoulder skiing a couple years ago so my bow is set at 52 pounds but I crank it up as I get better.