Re: only post

What a great moment!

Long Range Hunting Rifles

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 04-03-2007, 03:23 PM
Silver Member

Did you ever see A fat indian? they always looked in the movies like they were not getting enough to eat pretty much sums up bowhunting for me
Old 04-03-2007, 04:32 PM
Silver Member

Nice story Grit

What I don't understand is if it's so sick you can kill it with a "stick" how do you dare eat it ???? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

GG, maybe this should be in the new humor section!!
CAM
Old 04-03-2007, 09:32 PM
Platinum Member

I personally get charged up over hunting big game with any weapon. I have killed deer with rifle, revolver, muzzleloader and bow. Next on my list is shotgun with slugs. I can get just as excited over a clean 500 yd rifle kill as a clean 20 yard bow kill.

We all tend to choose one form of hunting to focus the majority of our effort on. For me it is bowhunting. The other forms all tie for second place. Obviously I am into long range hunting as well, otherwise I wouldn't frequent this site.

I think the one thing that most of us here share in common is the desire to master our craft and prepare ourselves, our equipment and our technique to the best of our abilities.

Hey Goodgrouper,
I'm glad you don't bowhunt. That means I get first crack at the bulls when I finally draw my limited entry archery bull tag for Utah. I'll try to leave you one or two to choose from! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

NRA Life Member
Old 04-04-2007, 07:21 AM
Platinum Member

For what it is worth, Hunting is hunting no matter what the weapon is. Any division among hunters gets us all that much closer to losing what we all cherrish more than just about everything else. I don't mean to get on a soap box, but as an avid archer, I do see first hand the division between hunters of different weapon choice. Usually it the bow hunter that takes it in the shorts because there is not as many. Also there is an eliment of bow hunters that hate me because of the kind of archery eqipment I use, and will join with rifle hunters to limit bow season in order to get rid of those archers who hunt w/ both archery and rifle. Untill we all get together the risk is greater to all of us that we will lose our passion sooner than later. I appoligize for the seriousness and length of the note.

On a positive note, untill you have had the chance to live that great story, you are missing something incredible. It is so great I have read few if any stories that can do it justice.

Thanks to all of you for letting me vent.
Steve
Old 04-04-2007, 12:17 PM

I have grown up rifle hunting in southeast ks and have taken many deer so far including four 130in. plus whitetails all with a rifle. In my opinion however there is nothing more challenging than getting 20 yards from a 150 class whitetail and trying to stick him with an arrow. But hey its all in fun and I just love the outdoors. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-04-2007, 04:14 PM
Platinum Member

I should have said "only thread" instead of "only post".

You guys have all made some great comments and I think that if you like bowhunting that is great for you. I have nothing against it (other than I don't think it deserves it's own season) but the darn things just don't go far enough, cause enough damage, or make enough noise for me!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Hey, since this is a long range forum, maybe this subsection should be dedicated to bowhunting past 40 yards? Man, I just don't know how you guys can have the patience to get within that distance. Would drive me crazy knowing the bull of my dreams was standing broadside at 60 yards and all I could do was wave at him!

10-4 on the hunters uniting though. I would never dream of taking bow hunting away from someone just because I don't like it. Just as I hope no one would ever try to take long range hunting away from me if it didn't agree with them. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Pull it
Dump it

If it's not far, it's boring.