Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Bowhunting

Ohio Bow Hunting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2014, 11:18 PM

Ohio Bow Hunting

Hello All,

I have been to Ohio bow hunting deer for the past three years. Each year I have hunted on private land in Knox Co. where I have been able to obtain permission to hunt from a local farmer. Great guy, but his farm is mostly large fields with very few places to even hang a stand. Not to mention the locals wear it out too.

I have ran tank after tank of gas out of my poor old GMC and am not having a whole lot of success gaining permission on any other private land. Just tough not being a local and I get that. So, anyone have any recommendations? Would be willing to bow hunt only, lease, whatever on private land. Public archery hunting worth a shot? If so, any recommendations?

Thanks!
Old 04-28-2014, 12:03 PM
Silver Member

Re: Ohio Bow Hunting

Public land is fine and very adequate for harvesting deer. Just go deeper than the other hunters.

I personally would not overlook the small tracks of land. I've killed big bucks on small lots.

The Spears Buck
Old 04-28-2014, 12:49 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Ohio Bow Hunting

Good whitetail hunting around Upper Sandusky off US 23.

I'm blessed in as much as one of our group owns his own island in the Maumee River that we can duck hunt on..... Like shooting pigs in a barrel...