For my fellow long range bowhunters, I thought I'd list some of my favorite things for reaching out with the sticks...
1. TAP - The Archery Program.
Great program to use with an adjustable sight. Started using it with a single pin Mantis form Trophy Ridge. You take some measurements, chrono your bow (single or offset velocity), put it into your computer. Then you print out the sight tape and dial in single yard increments out to your range. Single velocity is good out to about 70+ yards and offset velocity even further, but I can only go a bit past 70 at my house. Its like dialing in your turrets on a scope.
2. HHA Sight. Awesome sight with 5 ft of fiber optics so low light is hardly a problem. They also make a lens kit with 2, 4, or 6x magnification. I use a 2x with mine. I use the single pin after switching from th trophy ridge. The windage has audible 1/8" clicks. Really a kick butt sight.
3. Limbdriver Rest - a dropaway rest that uses the limb for timing. Idiot proof.
4. FOB - stands for "Fletched only Better"
It replaces the vanes with a round disc that is actually an aerofoil. It pops off when you hit an animal so you can start tracking without worry of where the animal was standing. They make arrows fly super straight.
The downside is that you must have a drop away rest and shooting groups is a challenge because the arrows will hit the FOBs in the target. The solution is to put a cheap walmart target in front of your good target so the arrows pass thru the cheap target and pop the FOB's off.
I KNOW it sounds like a gimmick, but they are the real deal. Lots of serious bowhunters are using them. Check out archerytalk.com and see the reviews.
The guy who invented them designed missles for a defense company.
5. Victory Arrows - New company, great arrows.
6. BuckNasty strings - this guy makes awesome strings. About a 10fps increase over factory strings. Sorry I don't have his info, but it can be found on the archery talk sight.
Hope some of this is useful to some of you.
Anybody else have anything to share, I always love to hear about it.
Member 7MM STW Club