Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Bowhunting

Getting fitted for a bow

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2014, 10:06 PM
Silver Member

Re: Getting fitted for a bow

Some limbs have a 5 year warranty on them, and some have lifetime. I used to get 2 PSE bows ayear free when I was a shop shooter down south years ago. I started shooting Mathews back when Matt McPherson started Matthews in it's first year. For some years I shot every bow they made. Bows are my first love, then firearms.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:12 AM

I've known Pete since the early 80's, and in my opinion he has some of the best R&D in the industry. Even in today's archery world, PSE still remains an icon and leader in the market. And despite the fact that most other manufacturer's have technologically evolved, I highly doubt PSE will likely never lose their respected and well deserved place in the market.

Between my Son's and I, we have countless bows, some dating back to the early 80's, most of which are PSE's. I like their bows, but I recently started shooting a Darton Marauder dual cam my Son gave me, that bows is amazingly consistent. I also like Mathews. Years back then there was a better defined line, in which only a hand full of bow manufacturer's were making anything that could compete, technologically speaking.

But yes, PSE has always taken very good care of us, and other's I know have had some very positive experiences with their CS as well. Great folks, excellent archery products.

MB
Old 04-05-2014, 10:28 AM
Silver Member

Yup, know all about Pete Shepley, went to PSE school. Then this should be an easy fix, just walk in the door.
Old 04-06-2014, 03:33 AM
Bronze Member

Try a P.s.e Freak a great long draw bow.
Old 04-06-2014, 03:45 PM
Gold Member

wow, his arm span must be 7ft+... I always have trouble finding a bow with a long enough draw, and my arm span is 6'8". When you add the D-loop for shooting with a release it takes up about a half inch of draw, and all of my bows are set at 31.5".

Hope you are able to figure this all out, but it sounds like it shouldn't be a problem considering PSE's customer service.