Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Bowhunting

DIY Targets?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2014, 11:23 PM
Silver Member

DIY Targets?

Hey guys
Im new to archery(got my bow about 2 months ago) and cant afford a fancy target to shoot at. I have been using old wheat sacks filled with foam and woolen blankets which works really well for field tips.

Any one else using DIY target?
Old 01-23-2014, 11:47 PM
Platinum Member

Re: DIY Targets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP100 View Post
Hey guys
Im new to archery(got my bow about 2 months ago) and cant afford a fancy target to shoot at. I have been using old wheat sacks filled with foam and woolen blankets which works really well for field tips.

Any one else using DIY target?
When I was doing a lot of shooting, I went to the local grocery store where they recycled cardboard
boxes, and managed to talk the manager into letting me use one of the compressed bundles until it
got shot up and then I would bring it back and trade it for another good one. All it cost me was lunch every time I picked up a new target/Bundle.

As long as it did not get wet and the cord holding the bundle together did not get cut it worked very well with field Tips.(If it gets wet it will take a winch truck to move it). I could have bought a bundle
from him at the same price he got at the re cycle yard, but I did not want to fool with disposal and re cycle seemed like a better plan anyway.

J E CUSTOM
Old 12-20-2014, 05:08 AM

Re: DIY Targets?

I'm interested in making an economical target to.
I was thinking that if I could get my hands on that "self healing" foam they use on 3D targets I could put something together.
Anyone else got any other ideas?
James