Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Bowhunting

broadhead reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2013, 08:29 PM
Platinum Member

Re: broadhead reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanhunter34 View Post
Im actually the only person I know to have any problem with them. They always worked great before, and thousands of people use them with success. I may of gotten the one in a million bad batch. Thank god my mishap happened on an old smelly boar hog and not on a Booner deer.

No doubt! That's a great way to look at it. I've never heard of issues either, but I like hearing your experience - everything has its weakness and if it happens once it can happen again. Always looking for faster, stronger, better
!
Old 09-22-2013, 09:50 PM
Bronze Member

I'm a guide for the last 20 years and have seen lots of diff broad heads I hate and get the chills when a hunter comes in with a non cut on contact head I am a true believer in the cutting on contact no matter what brand it is
Old 10-16-2013, 09:42 PM

Had a couple of hunters using Toxic's, I was a bit skeptical but one took a bear, a muley, and an elk, none traveled more than 13 yards.......
Old 10-22-2013, 05:19 PM
Silver Member

QAD Exodus 100gr. I think it's one of the best heads on the market.

Here's the head's effects on a 9pt buck:
Entrance:

Exit:

I wonder why it's not more popular.... razor sharp, flies very well from my bow at 322 FPS and I killed three deer with the exact same head with no sharpening in between last year.

Regards,
Rog
Old 10-22-2013, 07:46 PM
Silver Member

I'll shoot Rage 3 blade all day long. Massive holes and blood trails! looks like a red carpet! alot of people say that rage are junk but i have yet to see that. I've shot probably 6 deer or so with this broadhead and wont shoot anything else. Blades always deploy fully and no penetration issues. I shot a buck a couple of weeks ago at 45 yards with 64 lbs of pull with a 28 in draw and gold tip pro hunter arrows topped with a lumenok..... complete pass through.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:17 PM
Silver Member

Here is a quick video I did on high-end two blades..
The New Mexico Sportsman - Broadhead Review - YouTube
Old 01-28-2014, 01:25 AM

I switched to grim reaper mechanical broad heads last season. I took a small bull at 35 yrds near the end of the season. He didn't go more than 20 yards before laying down. Though while I was butchering I was less than impressed with the damage. The arrow placement was good. The arrow nicked a rib and traveled back and did not exit. One of the three blades broke and another didn't open. It might have been that after carrying that arrow around all season i had gummed up the bh with some dirt.

I am not sure what I am going to do next season. I really like the way the expandables fly. I am just a little leery of the mechanics.