Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Bowhunting

Bowtech Assassin

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 05:26 PM

Re: Bowtech Assassin

This is the best bow for the money on the market. I have owned mine for over a year now and have never had a problem. it is extremely easy to adjust and tune. I actually am a bit upset that I dont get to tinker on it more often. it just comes out of the case and shoots perfectly everytime. Now this is not a bow that only gets shot once a year for hunting. I shoot at the local archery range every week. Usually over 100 arrows in a session. So I would say my bow has well over 5k arrow threw it. My father was so impressed by it that he went out and purchased one as well. If you have any questions feel free to inbox me. attached is a pic of me with the bow at our local range. Get the bow, you wont be disappointed.
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
Bowtech Assassin-bowtech.jpeg  
Old 03-01-2013, 04:43 PM

Have my bowtech sniper 4, 4years now, it hasen't let me down yet.

Straight arrows 2 ya.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:04 AM
Platinum Member

Sorry to resurect an old thread, but i thought id say Thanks to the guys who chimed in here to help me out.
Finally picked my new BowTech Assassin up at the local pro shop yesterday.
To my suprise, it chrono'ed 314fps @ 69-1/2#, & 28-1/2" draw with Gold Tip 5575's topped off with 100gr Shuttle T's!!
Talk about a screamer! Love this bow!

Only drawback I have so far is that it drives my arrows so far thru my cube target, that they get stuck in the fence behind it!
Do you have any idea how difficult it is to unscrew a field point buried into a fence WHILE its stuck in a cube target?!? Let alone multiple arrows.... You can't even spin the cube that way. Good thing I have a Leatherman, for surgical procedures on fences. Haha
Arrow retrieval is a pain in the butt! But I'm afraid to shoot the cube without some kind of good backstop, for fear of a complete pass thru, & loss of fletching if it did.
So, off to Lowes to get some rigid foam insulation to act as a buffer between the target & the fence.
Wish me luck, Haha

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"
Old 04-11-2013, 10:57 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmag View Post
.....Only drawback I have so far is that it drives my arrows so far thru my cube target, that they get stuck in the fence behind it!
Do you have any idea how difficult it is to unscrew a field point buried into a fence WHILE its stuck in a cube target?!? Let alone multiple arrows.... You can't even spin the cube that way. Good thing I have a Leatherman, for surgical procedures on fences. Haha
Arrow retrieval is a pain in the butt! But I'm afraid to shoot the cube without some kind of good backstop, for fear of a complete pass thru, & loss of fletching if it did.
So, off to Lowes to get some rigid foam insulation to act as a buffer between the target & the fence.
Wish me luck, Haha
Just saw the post. I've a similar problem with my G.T. 5575's passing thru a foam laminated block target.

A solution that works for me was to get a small load of wood chips from the local tree guy and plus a couple bales of straw I have left over from some lawn work. I just piled the chips behind the bales to make the backstop and my block target is in front of that by a few feet. Those arrows that blow thru the block usually are either laying on the ground in front of the straw bale or just in the straw by a few inches - easy to pull out.

The real solution would be to get a tougher target next time. But which one? As for the straw and chips, a year or two from now when they start fallin' apart, I'll just banish them to the compost pile replace them with new.

Shoot often, Shoot true.