Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Bowhunting

Bowtech Assassin

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2013, 06:50 PM
Platinum Member

Bowtech Assassin

Hey guys,
Haven't owned or even shot a bow for 5 years now, but I've got the itch again

Loved my old Bowtech Diamond, & back in the day, I shot a buddies Mathews some, but Hoyt & PSE never seemed to fit my hand well. Seemed like a Glock vs XD, or Chevy vs Ford as they were all nice quality bows.

Anyway, after being completely shut of the stick flinging world for a while, I decided to check out all the new offerings from the major manufacturers.
What I found is the same as before. Bowtech "fit my natural grip, & form" best, followed by Mathews. Hoyt, & PSE felt foreign. Some things never change I guess.

Now please realize I'm not knocking PSE or Hoyt. I know they are well made quality bows as well. They just don't fit me right.

So I checked out my local pro shop, Centwise here in Redmond, (highly reputable) & they are Bowtech dealers which is great for factory support. They're also second to none for customer service on everything I've bought from them before. I was able to shoot some new bows, & even personally owned bows, & I gotta say,
I was really impressed with the Bowtech Assassin. Of course I really fell in love with the 2013' Bowtech Experience. WOW!!!! But the price tag for that bow, & getting set up completely from scratch again isn't feasible This Year.
So after comparing, & shooting these bows, I'm pretty much settled on the Assassin. Plus it's only .3 lbs heavier than my second favorite bow, the Mathews Helium, & 3 fps faster (ibo) & about $300 less expensive!

So what are some experiences with the Assassin?
Good & bad
Tune ability & shoot ability
Forgiving vs speed
Pros & cons etc.

The Bowtech Assassin Really looks like the bow for me for getting back into it.
Would love some real world personal experience to chime in.
Thanks

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"
Old 01-14-2013, 07:49 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Bowtech Assassin

No feedback at all huh?
Guess most of us here primarily fling lead anyway.

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"
Old 01-14-2013, 08:30 PM

I just bought mine this fall after used a fred bear bow for the past 8 years. I was blown away by the jump in technology during that time. I haven't shot it a ton yet, but it shoots great. Compared to my older bow, the speed is amazing. I can use the same pin out to 30 yards.
For the money its a tough bow to beat. I know I took my site off the old bow before I sold it and replaced the stock one on the assassin. I will also be looking to replace the rest with a real whisker biscuit during the "off" season. I dont like the one that came with it. Seems a little cheap. It help up for the hunting season, just worried about it long term. The plastic parts had some play in them.

Beyond those couple of changes for a few hundred less than Matthews, it is a fantastic bow leaving more money for other things.
Old 01-19-2013, 02:06 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltafunction View Post
I just bought mine this fall after used a fred bear bow for the past 8 years. I was blown away by the jump in technology during that time. I haven't shot it a ton yet, but it shoots great. Compared to my older bow, the speed is amazing. I can use the same pin out to 30 yards.
For the money its a tough bow to beat. I know I took my site off the old bow before I sold it and replaced the stock one on the assassin. I will also be looking to replace the rest with a real whisker biscuit during the "off" season. I dont like the one that came with it. Seems a little cheap. It help up for the hunting season, just worried about it long term. The plastic parts had some play in them.

Beyond those couple of changes for a few hundred less than Matthews, it is a fantastic bow leaving more money for other things.
Thank you for the feedback. I appreciate it.

Old 01-20-2013, 12:19 AM
Platinum Member

I currently have a Allegiance,Guardian and Destroyer. They have been good bows to me and I have taken 6x6 bulls with all. The guardian is a very smooth bow and forgiving,But I love my destroyer.Bows hold there value terrible so if you have access and friends at a pro shop you can get good deals.I think you would be happy with the bowtec.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:53 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp6x6 View Post
I currently have a Allegiance,Guardian and Destroyer. They have been good bows to me and I have taken 6x6 bulls with all. The guardian is a very smooth bow and forgiving,But I love my destroyer.Bows hold there value terrible so if you have access and friends at a pro shop you can get good deals.I think you would be happy with the bowtec.
Thanks for the reply bud. Where ya been? And here I thought I was reclusive

Old 01-20-2013, 02:28 PM
Platinum Member

Been working out of town,no cell either.I drive a back road part way each M &F,that has wolf tracks.But have not caught up with them yet,heard them one night at 1:30.Camped out for the fall at job.