Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Bowhunting

Bipod for a bow???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2009, 08:47 PM
Gold Member

Re: Bipod for a bow???

Long range anything seems to be controversial.

I think Kevin and Grit pretty much summed it up....to many farkles in the heat of battle to deal with....and poof you miss (or worse-bad hit) or the shot opportunity is gone. I decided as well that I'd do better with out it.

Out of ground blind on level terrain and more of static shooting position...this might work better, but then I'd just move the ground blind closer
Old 07-20-2009, 06:32 AM
Silver Member

You're correct, long range "hunting" is a very controversial topic. Long range archery where the target is not the worse for wear when the point of impact, is not the intended point, and can't bleed, only one's ego will be damaged.

To compare long range hunting using firearms and archery is flawed logic, IMO.

Betting an animal at 300> yards will not move from the time the trigger is pulled until the bullet arrives is money in the bank. Making the same bet using archery equipment with the game animal at 100 yards, in some cases half that, could result in a unrecoverable wounded animal.

If your willing it live with this risk factor, long range bowhunting may be for you.

I understand positions people take on both sides an that's why I'm not trying to tell anyone what you're doing is wrong, just expressing my opinion.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:52 AM
Gold Member

Same here on expressing opinions.

There are high percentage shots at both close range and afar, whatever the weapon. I'm sure in the prehistoric times, there was a hunter that could chuck a spear 100 yds and pinwheel a sabre tooth 10 out of 10 times. At the end of the day your definition of "long range" should be different then mine, or another random person's definition. The important thing to recognize is one's limitations. Enough on ethics.

Good luck to the original poster.