Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Bowhunting

Arrow rest help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2011, 09:05 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Arrow rest help

I voted for my "FREEDOM", "GUNS", and "MONEY" - keep the change - UNK.

"I am always proud of my country!"

"Leadership Rule #2: Don't be an @zzhole." - Maj Gen Burton Field.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:54 PM

I would check the price of the qad i think they are more toward 100. I shot one for a couple of years and started to have some fletching contact issues so i sent it back to qad they recieved the damaged package but never got the rest. USPS lost it and cant find it. I spoke to qad about it and they are sending me out a rest anyway if my old one turns up i will try again. But they have great customer service and great drop away rests.
Old 07-09-2011, 12:41 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstilt View Post
Well, it's time for me to get back into bow hunting. I've been a few years out of the game and miss it more than you can imagine. I'd been bow hunting years before ever picking up a deer rifle. I recently updated my arrows from Easton 2213 to Beeman Carbon ICS400s and have been shooting them and doing okay thus far. My only problem comes from my fletching clearance. I have a Boodoodle rest and I have trouble clearing the fletching because I like to shoot a helical style fletch. Any suggestions on what rest I should look into? I'm thinking either a drop style of whisker biscuit. I'm leaning towards the drop away. What would you guys recommend?

A bit more information about my setup. I shoot a High Country Force, 29" draw (i think), 28" arrow, 100gr Thunderheads, 4" right hand helical fletch, and a 65lb draw. I hunt only deer(maybe black bear in the future) with a self imposed limit of 40 yards, but I like to practice back to 70.

Thanks,
Chris
Ripcord
Old 07-09-2011, 04:38 PM
Bronze Member

FEENIX and Dave, I know that the qad rest will stay up on a slow let down whereas I dont think the ripcord will. Has this ever caused you any trouble in the field? All my hunting is in the woods so having to draw and let down is more the rule than the exception.

The air rest was a neat idea. Not sure I like the idea of adding those heavy inserts though. Whoever the camera man who did the air rest shots was a lot braver than I am. Now way I'd have looked at a drawn bow like that. Lol.
Old 07-09-2011, 05:17 PM
Gold Member

Ive shot the Trophy Taker Drop fro many years and have been very pleased. Great rest, easy to install and tune. Good luck. I prefer a drop away to the biscuit.
Old 07-09-2011, 07:45 PM
Bronze Member

In my honest opinion the QAD is the best of the crowd. I shoot a monster and don't have any clearance issues with it. And you may want to look into blazer vanes so far they have shot just as well as 4" vanesif not better they last a lot longer as well. If you do get the biscuit you will have trouble from your vanes no matter what kind you use the friction from the bristles causes deformation of the vane feathers do work very well though. Just my .02 worth.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:32 PM
Bronze Member

Vapor Trail Limbdriver has my vote. Been using it for 3 years now and love it.