Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Bowhunting

Anybody else tried Ozonics scent eliminators

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2010, 09:02 PM
Platinum Member

Anybody else tried Ozonics scent eliminators

I bought myself a Ozonics 200 recently. It emitts ozone to eliminate human odor. I have only used it a couple of times but I almost am convinced it actually works!! I had a 120class buck come in and leave on a trail directly down wind of my location and he seemed like he was on edge a little but did not bust me. I did use scent eliminating spray but I have never had them not bust me being directly down wind. They are pricey at around $300-400. But a nice scent lok suit is in the same neighboorhood. Has anyone else tried them and what kind of results are you seeing?

Oh on a side note the buck was young and I have larger in the area, just haven't had and opp. yet.

Brent

"The will to win, compares little with the will to prepare to win" Donovan Moran
Old 09-28-2010, 04:52 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Anybody else tried Ozonics scent eliminators

A little light reading just in case you haven't heard of it before. I am really surprised nobody else has tried it.

How It Works

Brent

"The will to win, compares little with the will to prepare to win" Donovan Moran
Old 07-26-2011, 09:01 AM

Have the HR200 being delivered today by UPS. I well be using for bow hunting this year. Ladderstand is set up at about 30yrds from where deer will be comming in. Have used similar product in saltwater tropical fish tanks for years. Works very well in that enviroment in keeping tanks clean and healthy, removing waste from water. If it keeps me from getting busted than it is well worth it. Where I hunt in the south you will sweat during bow season. No matter how much you spray you cant keep up with the odor your body produces. Will let everyone know in Oct.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:48 AM
Bronze Member

My work gets a demo unit for the employees each year. being a skeptic but a gear head i had to give it a try... I have used it for three years now and they keep getting better and better! The first year i had one with me i shot a mature wt doe at less then 5 feet downwind from a ground blind. The blood trail actually started ON my ground blind! The second year i had 40+ does and young bucks feeding within 50 yards downwind from my tree stand.

needless to say im a believer!
Old 09-09-2011, 07:31 PM
Silver Member

From what i read from EPA's website the ozonics stlyed machines don't completely eliminate odors, so i would continue to use scent eliminating sprays.