Re: Wow.... Rimfire discrimination
some of my favorite reasons:
1. economical - even with expensive match ammo, still able get in more trigger time, and more QUALITY trigger time when taking the .22 lr or other rimfires seriously using Quality equipment and ammo.
2. low recoil - just like #1, can have more trigger time without abusing yourself.
3. easier to find shooting "flaws" in your shooting form, and correct them - because of #1 + #2 - easlily transfers over to centerfire.
4. better understanding of how wind plays a part in hitting targets - especially at 100 and 200+ yards.
5. easier to find somewhere to practice with the 22lr at 100 and 200 than a centerfire at 500+ yards.
6. taking #1 thru #5 into consideration, easier to experiment and see results of those trial and error moments to improve accuraccy, equipment, etc.
...that's what i like about toe tags; one size fits all...