Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rimfire and Airguns

Smallbore Silhouette - Factoryville Pa.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2011, 06:44 PM
Silver Member

Re: Smallbore Silhouette - Factoryville Pa.

Our final matches of the season will be on Oct. 9th. Practice starts at 9:00am, matches start at 10:00am.
In Sept, we had under our running average of shooters with only 6 shooters - but I'm sure that Sept 11th memorials, clean ups from the recent flooding we have had in our area, and recooperations from a major gun raffle / reason to drink event the night before at the club paid a part in the low turn out.
After the October regular matches are over, there will be a money match with other prizes thereafter, called the Pirkey Challenge.

Thanks to Gun Toters Supply in Eynon Pa. for the prizes!
Picture of this year's trophies (Brown center for Standard rifle winner, tan for Hunting rifle winner).

Along with cash, quality ammo, tee shirts, voucher for a free match in 2012, there's a decent prize available for each division for the top three shooters.
Next year I will be running a championship (based on points) for each division / each shooter class and have some sort prize for the champion of each at the end of the season. I hope to have 2 Pirkey Challenges too, one mid season and one at season's end. At the very least, another season ender.
(the gun shop was running out of the hats, they may not be available)