Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rimfire and Airguns

Savage Mark II questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2009, 06:45 PM
Silver Member

Re: Savage Mark II questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansas45 View Post
By following the advice from the folks at rimfirecenteral.com & a little common sence, I changed my Savage MKII FV from a OK shooting rifle to a pretty good shooting rifle with a little trigger work & a few other things. It certaintly isn't a World Class target rifle, but is capable of hitting a 16" round steel plate at 200 yds almost every shot. I use CCI MiniMag HP's because of the brands of ammo I can get easily around here, it likes them the best. I find that good glass on a .22 is a good thing. After trying several size & brands I wen't back to the Center Point 4-16x40. It's mounted on a EGW 20 MOA rail. Kinda' silly that the rail costs almost as much as the scope, but they work good together.
i actually do alot of target work with my mkii, although it isn't an anshutz, it is a top notch hunting rifle, and a more entry level to mid target rifle and an exceptional value for the price.

at 50 yards should not be a problem, mine is under 1/2" at that range, and the mkii will be top notch at that range.

i also have a centerpoint scope (on my .22 mag marlin) , actually a darn nice scope for $69.00. hunted hard through heat,rain, snow, cold ,etc., still clear and returns to "0".

the 20moa base is nice, essential on the .22 past 150 yards.