Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rimfire and Airguns

Savage BMAG Stocks at Boyds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2014, 07:54 PM
Gold Member

Re: Savage BMAG Stocks at Boyds

Good deal. That's what I was hoping.
Old 01-15-2014, 06:27 PM
Bronze Member

I got the thumbhole stock in pepper. My question is this. on the wesite there isn't any trigger guard on the picture, plus the floorplate's molded with the trigger guard. so what do I use for a floorplate and trigger guard ?
Old 01-24-2014, 09:43 AM

I just got my stock in today and input it all the together but it appears that the slot for safety slide is not deep enough and I cannot engage the safety. I have a call into to boyds but still have not received a call back. Anybody else have this problem?
Old 01-24-2014, 09:44 AM

Just so you guys the stock does come with a plastic trigger guard mounted on the stock
Old 01-24-2014, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geradfox14 View Post
I just got my stock in today and input it all the together but it appears that the slot for safety slide is not deep enough and I cannot engage the safety. I have a call into to boyds but still have not received a call back. Anybody else have this problem?
I got my stock today - same problem with the safety. After a lot of tinkering, I realized that the problem with the safety has nothing to do with the cut out around the safety. The problem is that the bolts that are used with the original BMAG stock are too long. If you take your gun apart and screw them back in without the stock, you'll see that eventually it'll interfere with the safety and prevent it from sliding. Gotta find some washers to fit in there or get a shorter bolt.

Hope that helps.

Otherwise, the stock is really beautiful.

For those of you that are wondering, the stock comes with a plastic trigger guard. I haven't shot mine since I got the new stock, but then again, I wasn't really dissatisfied with the performance before - I just wanted a better stock. Once assembled, I found that the Boyd stock free floated the barrel all the way back to the receiver.
Old 01-25-2014, 08:19 PM

Posted on another B-mag site......

ATTENTION CUSTOMERS: To assemble, you will need to use the two escutcheons and action screws from the original.

If you use the escutcheons you won't have a problem with the safety. The escutcheons are the metal pieces in your original stock that kept the action screws from falling out of the stock when the action was removed

In the owners manual, on page 30 the escutcheons are the parts numbered 556 and referred to as stock pillars.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-26-2014, 06:36 PM
Bronze Member

so the boyds comes with a stock trigger guard and floor plate ?