Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rimfire and Airguns

Building a Volquartsen .17HMR opinions please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2007, 06:31 AM
PUBLISHER

Congrats, that gun of mine is so much fun.

So in your state they figure your murderous rage will subside in only 230 more hours?

Long Range Hunting Rifles

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 10-07-2007, 11:51 AM

Location: Northern tip of California, Mt. Shasta in my back yard.
California regulations

It gets better Len. The clerk at the gun shop asked me what kind of a gun safe I owned as I am filling out forms for my "assult" rifle. He approached with yet another form that demanded I bring my gun safe into the shop (seriously) to be examined to make sure it was in compliance.
As I was unwilling to do this, I had to fill out an affidavit stating that the safe was: 1) Compliant with California regulation, 2) Was penmantenly staionary and affixed to the foundation of my home or floor, 3) Provide a dated reciept, 4) List the make & model of safe.

Thank God the Democrats are looking out for our safety.
Old 10-07-2007, 04:49 PM
Gold Member

just wanted to chime in a say good choice with your gun.

it is one of my most fun guns to shoot.

I have a the volquartsen 17hmr, carbon wrapped barrel with the forward blow comp(replaced the original comp, and it does have less perceived noise to the shooter), it sits in a turner barracuda stock with a leupold vxIII 4.5-14, I also bought the KID trigger for it because I wanted a lighter pull than the factory one had.

it shoots good with hornady 17gr stuff. I've shot almost all the 17gr ammo, but haven't shot any of the 20gr. I'm curious if it would shoot it.

as far as shooting coyotes, go ahead, but you may lose more than you get; unless you are head shooting them. we've made some good shots on a couple dogs and lost them before we quit carrying them yote hunting.
squirrels, now that's another story! its the perfect medicine for the sage rats in your state.

have fun, and sorry you live in cali...
Old 10-07-2007, 06:17 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plinker View Post
It gets better Len. The clerk at the gun shop asked me what kind of a gun safe I owned as I am filling out forms for my "assult" rifle. He approached with yet another form that demanded I bring my gun safe into the shop (seriously) to be examined to make sure it was in compliance.
As I was unwilling to do this, I had to fill out an affidavit stating that the safe was: 1) Compliant with California regulation, 2) Was penmantenly staionary and affixed to the foundation of my home or floor, 3) Provide a dated reciept, 4) List the make & model of safe.

Thank God the Democrats are looking out for our safety.
I can't beleive this. Your welcome to move north in Oregon. Might as well alot of Californians are flocking up here just because the cost of living is cheaper.

Do they really think they are going to "idiot proof" the world with all these regulations? Or simply make it harder to get firearms, to the point of impossiblilty.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:16 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybuster View Post
I can't beleive this. Your welcome to move north in Oregon. Might as well alot of Californians are flocking up here just because the cost of living is cheaper.

Do they really think they are going to "idiot proof" the world with all these regulations? Or simply make it harder to get firearms, to the point of impossiblilty.
That's exactly the plan!!

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

http://waitesandbalances.blogspot.com/