Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rimfire and Airguns

17 bmag

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2014, 10:33 PM
Silver Member

re: 17 bmag

I bought a new B mag and cleaned it up took it to the bench and did a few five shot groups and the best it would do was 7" a buddy bought his and it will do a 12" five shot and that's FREE RECOIL !!!!!! What the hell!!!!!
Old 01-04-2014, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb85 View Post
I bought a new B mag and cleaned it up took it to the bench and did a few five shot groups and the best it would do was 7" a buddy bought his and it will do a 12" five shot and that's FREE RECOIL !!!!!! What the hell!!!!!
Welcome to the club.......you can call savage and send it back, or do some research on the web to see what others have done to try and improve accuracy.
My first Bmag was sent back for similar performance issues. The replacement rifle I received was only marginally better.
Also, the ammo is very inconsistent, I have seen as much as 1.2 grain difference between rounds in 1 box.
Good Luck.
Old 01-04-2014, 04:41 PM
Silver Member

I don't have the time to mess with it ..I took it back and demanded my money back they did and I ordered a savage heavy barrel HMR
Old 03-11-2014, 09:45 AM

I have a Bmag and the only thing I had to do was clean up the creep in the triger a little shoots like a dream. two weeks ago i got a surprise from my local gunshop owner called me and said he had a heavy barrel Savage Bmag in stainless in so I ran down and bought that one havent had time to shoot it yet with weather all nasty but will keep you posted. I call her the Unicorn cause i have yet to find and pics or info about them any where on the web
Old 03-11-2014, 12:38 PM
Bronze Member

please post a pic of the stainless heavy barrel gun. im dying to se that.
Old 03-12-2014, 07:00 AM

Please tell us how it shoots compared to the original Bmag.
Thanks
Old 03-12-2014, 08:51 PM
Bronze Member

heres the unicorn. I wish I would have waited.

For Sale: Savage B Mag

Stainless Steel Bull Barrel

Price:$ 500 Seller:Private Party Account:Registered on 1/2/2013 Listings by this user
Listed On:Monday, March 10, 2014Listed In:RiflesLocation:Harrisburg, Eugene, Oregon - Map

Manufacturer:Savage Arms Firearm Type:Rifle Flag |
  • Scam
  • Spam/Inappropriate
  • Over-priced
  • Miscategorized
  • Dealer Listing
  • Unresponsive
  • Report illegal firearms activity to 1-800-ATF-GUNS or your local police department.
Edit | Favorite
I have ordered 2 of Savage ' newly released B Mag with a factory Stainless Steel Bull Barrel. The item number is 96915 I was lucky enough to find 2 of these at a gun dealer Located In Texas with good ties to Savage. I am keeping one and selling the other for what I paid for it which is $500. The price is not including the shipping and ffl costs I had to spend on the rifle. I accidentally bought 2 so I am selling the one at a very good deal. This new b mag is promised to be a much better improve t to the original b mag released last year. I will be receiving the rifle from my ffl dealer in roughly 2 weeks. First one who can give me a $100 deposit will take this rifle home once I get the remainder ($400) when the rifle comes in.