Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Muzzleloader Hunting

Muzzleloader Hunting Techniques For Muzzleloader Hunting

Uberti mainspring

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2012, 07:11 PM

Uberti mainspring

I have a Uberti .50 cal Sante Fe Hawken. The mainspring recently broke, and in searching I find that they are out of production. However, Track of the Wolf informed me they are in the process of manufactureing replacements but wont be available until mid summer. Anyone aware of any place I may find one? Thanks
Old 04-04-2012, 07:16 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Uberti mainspring

You might get in touch with Uberti to see if they have one. A lot of the locks they use have the same internals.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:22 AM

That was my first try. Also thier US distributors. Out of production and only parts left available were some screws and ramrods.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:10 PM
Platinum Member

You might try Dixie Gun Works in Union City TN. You might be able to send your broken spring parts and the lock to them and they might be able to match something up to it. Call them first. Only other thought is to find a gun smith that can make you a new spring. There are some still around that can do this type of work. Then on the other hand you probably can get a new rifle for the cost it would take to get a spring made. LOL.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:35 PM

I had good luck. Track of the Wolf informed me that they are in the process of manufacturing replacement mainsprings for that rifle. Should be available, mid summer.