Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Muzzleloader Hunting

Muzzleloader Hunting Techniques For Muzzleloader Hunting

TC omega replacement barrels???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2013, 09:48 AM
Bronze Member

TC omega replacement barrels???

Anybody know of a place making replacement omega barrels? Obviously if you search "TC" and "barrel" all you get is contender and encore stuff. If you leave out the "TC", you get watch stuff. I know I could just buy another one, but I kinda wanted to see if there was a more accurate custom option.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:37 AM

Re: TC omega replacement barrels???

I've tried the same, no luck as well.. I assumed I was the only one on the planet who wanted one, now I see I'm not alone. I never actually called and ask TC and was gonna just buy the cheapest one I could find and throw away the stock, etc. That doesn't make sense so I need to call them, or find a custom maker to sell me one for the omega.

TTT
Old 12-12-2013, 11:38 AM
Bronze Member

Re: TC omega replacement barrels???

Yeah, the Omega was the hottest thing going for awhile, but it seems like it's fallen out of favor. TC isn't even making it anymore. I know in muzzle loading circles it's not very highly thought of, something to do with lock time. I think they're fine, and call me crazy, but I can't see how a break action can be as accurate as a fixed barrel. There is a smith out there somewhere that can do a custom barrel (it's not a complicated design), we've just gotta find one. I'm gonna keep looking. I almost just decided to give up and buy an Encore. I like my Omega though, and I've made some amazing shots with it. It's a light handy rifle that's easy to clean... What more could you ask for out of a rifle your only gonna hunt with (in my case) 9 days out of the year?