Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Muzzleloader Hunting

Muzzleloader Hunting Techniques For Muzzleloader Hunting

A sneek peek.......

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2014, 07:17 AM
Silver Member

Re: A sneek peek.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomosendero View Post
And thanks again, I should have read it more closely, it does appear he feels a need to diminish the performance of the Remington for some reason. I suppose there is no financial incentive to promote the Rem.

BTW, one heck of a group with BH209 there, what velocity were you getting?
Using the posted velocity of 3 T7M pellets, it would be right around 2350 to 2400. Bestill uses 100grs by weight and has shot through a chronograph at 2,400 I believe.

His reason is he works for someone else and he can't get a FREE rifle for himself. I know he won't get an UF rifle for free, that's pretty much a fact.

As for that group, I was definitely on my "A-game" that day. The weather conditions were absolutely perfect (a rarity) and I took a lot of time between shots. Which by the way, I swabbed one patch between shots. Its starting to get tough to shoot with the weather just getting hotter. I have a couple different sample packs of sabots I need to try out. Its a lot of fun taking pokes at 400 yards.
Old 09-04-2014, 09:10 PM
Gold Member

Pretty good writeup: Real Guns - Remington's Model 700SF Ultimate Muzzle Loader
Old 09-05-2014, 06:27 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
And thanks again, I should have read it more closely, it does appear he feels a need to diminish the performance of the Remington for some reason. I suppose there is no financial incentive to promote the Rem.

BTW, one heck of a group with BH209 there, what velocity were you getting?
The Leupold has the CDS turret, which was designed to shoot a 300gr SST using 3-T7M pellets at 2,350fps. While experimenting, I matched the load to the turret. Without a chrono, I'd still estimate 2,350 +/-.
Old 09-05-2014, 06:40 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Agreed! He did an excellent write up and never bashed another rifle. Quality writer.