Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Muzzleloader Hunting

Muzzleloader Hunting Techniques For Muzzleloader Hunting

scope recommendations

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2013, 01:51 PM

scope recommendations

Hi, New user here. I have recently been taking interest in stretching out the range of my muzzleloader and need a new scope. I have found that drop compensating reticles are only accurate with max loads, and since I dont shoot max loads I would prefer an external elevation turret. I prefer 3-9 magnification and 40ish mm. I like standard reticles. I would like to keep the price around $300, but might be able to stretch it to $400.

thanks
Old 11-27-2013, 07:33 PM
Silver Member

Re: scope recommendations

You won't beat quality glass for long range shooting and I'm one that dislikes multi reticle scopes also. Myself I prefer Leupold or Nikon Monarchs. Nikon does have some sales going on right now at select stores, Cabela's being one. I could have had either when I bought my last two scopes and ended up with the Nikon Monarch 2.5-10x50 and happy with them both. I shoot to 200yds often and currently hunting ag fields with those ranges. I do think that my next scope, may end up being Leupold VX-3 at 4.5- 14. Some of the Leupold 2's would fall in your price range.