Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Muzzleloader Hunting

Muzzleloader Hunting Techniques For Muzzleloader Hunting

Knight vs Savage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2013, 06:19 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Knight vs Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalljawbasser View Post
is the savage MLII, the smokeless one?
Yes it's the smokeless one. I'd probably get it for sure if they still offered it in stainless laminate but it only comes in blued synthetic!
Old 07-09-2013, 11:03 PM
Bronze Member

your crazy if you dont get the savage in my opinion. Ive had both the salvage is by far the better gun. more accurate dont have to spend your hole life cleaning it. You could not pay me enough to trade my savage for anything else.PS if it helps it comes in camo stock as well
Old 07-10-2013, 03:48 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowa whitetail View Post
your crazy if you dont get the savage in my opinion. Ive had both the salvage is by far the better gun. more accurate dont have to spend your hole life cleaning it. You could not pay me enough to trade my savage for anything else.PS if it helps it comes in camo stock as well
Your probably right. I've been looking for a used stainless laminate Savage but I guess anyone who owns one is keeping it. Living in Canada doesn't help.
It's just that I live in Nova Scotia right next to the ocean. We get a lot of rain during hunting season. I also really like the looks of the stainless laminate guns.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:46 PM
Bronze Member

Not sure what ur looking for but check out this site for smokeleas muzzleloaders and do some research before u buy the savage. This is a 45 smokeless that is capable of shooting past 600 yards and was only $350 when i was done putting it together.

Doug's message board
Old 07-12-2013, 12:53 PM
Bronze Member

Sorry I can't figure out how to upload my pix fprom my phone. Look at site lots of smokeless ml on there.
Old 07-12-2013, 03:15 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deertroy1 View Post
Your probably right. I've been looking for a used stainless laminate Savage but I guess anyone who owns one is keeping it. Living in Canada doesn't help.
It's just that I live in Nova Scotia right next to the ocean. We get a lot of rain during hunting season. I also really like the looks of the stainless laminate guns.
T/C makes the Pro Hunter that way............
Old 07-12-2013, 03:22 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Muzzleloader View Post
Not sure what ur looking for but check out this site for smokeleas muzzleloaders and do some research before u buy the savage. This is a 45 smokeless that is capable of shooting past 600 yards and was only $350 when i was done putting it together.

Doug's message board
I've been on that site already and your right. The problem is, as I stated earlier, I live in rural Canada. If it isn't .22, 30-06 or 12 gauge then your out of luck. I'm exaggerating of course but it pretty hard to get anything gun related compared to our American neighbours.