Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Muzzleloader Hunting

Muzzleloader Hunting Techniques For Muzzleloader Hunting

Knight Muzzle loaders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2012, 04:36 PM
Gold Member

Knight Muzzle loaders

Does anyone have a knight Muzzle loader ................??

If so tell me about it ......................your opinion.

I saw them at the Reno Elk show and really liked what I saw.

Greg
Old 04-05-2012, 09:31 AM
Bronze Member

Re: Knight Muzzle loaders

used to have one. an original orange disc one. It used to shoot nice patterns, sent it to Knight, was told there was nothing wrong with it but after getting it back it shot decent for a change. My suspicion was the barrel was not consistent on the inside as it was hard to load in spots and easier in others to start with. After I got it back from them it was more consistent to load all the way down. Went to the Savage and never looked back. This Knight now lives with a buddy of mine.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:23 PM
Bronze Member

I've had a Knight Extreme for a few years now and have had no problem taking deer every year. This last year I took a whitetail at 210 yards. I've been shooting Barnes 290gr TMZ under 100gr Triple 7 loose. I have been very happy with it and would still be using it this year except my wife bought me a Knight Mountaineer. Now I need to sell the Extreme.

Check out the Classified section, I listed it for sale.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:47 AM
Silver Member

I have a Knight HAwkeye. For what it is ...it is a very nice gun. More or less the same action as a M85
Old 04-11-2012, 06:03 PM

Just got a Knight Mountaineer a couple of weeks ago... my TC Prohunter wasn't doing very well with the heavy conicals so i thought i'd try one. It was supposed to have a free floating barrel but didn't. The laminated stock had material remaining at the forend (assuming it was left there for a pressure point ?) Maybe my version of free floating is differnt from Knights.... When tightening the action bolt you could "feel" how much the stock was flexing under the pressure. Anyway, i bedded the "action" area and ground out the forend material for a full float prior to shooting it. I'm just sarting load development but it looks very promising at this point( i'm in CO- no sabots) I like the bolt/breech plug setup.. absolutely no blowback with the 209's. All cleaning is from breech plug forward. Loading the primer is a little trickier than with hinged guns but not bad. All in all, so far i like it. Different, but in a good way!

Mike
Old 04-13-2012, 04:25 PM
Silver Member

I have 5 Knights, various versions of the Disc. Most have a Lehigh breech plug in now. I sold my last non-Knight a few years ago.