Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Muzzleloader Hunting

Muzzleloader Hunting Techniques For Muzzleloader Hunting

Just a question?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2011, 08:27 AM
Gold Member

Re: Just a question?

Thanks for the info Bob. Aldon
“When a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty to throw off such governments. …” Jefferson

We are very close to this point now.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:41 PM
Silver Member

I bought a savage and started shooting smokeless the 50 cal does great after you learn what it takes to make it work consistantly. I rebarreled mine with a Pac Nor 45 cal and I would be shocked if I missed a deer at 200 yards. My farthest shot so far has been 260 yards and I have about 6 head shot does so far. (These have been 120 yards or closer) as for cleaning I don't do it very often in fact I left it loaded from last year until this year and when I shot it I hit 1/2 Inch to the left of the bullet hole I shot at. On a side note I have a Savage 50Cal muzzloader barrel for sale 60$ shipped.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:34 AM
Bronze Member

I have 3 TC encores and a CVA apex. They are all accurate and shoot sub-moa past 200 yds. I have a bergara barrel on one of the encores and it is my favorite followed by the CVA. The apex is a very good gun for the price.

All encores have trigger jobs, oversize hinge pins, and stronger hammer springs from Belms. I shoot dead center bullets in 260 and 300 grains in front of 105 grs of Blackhorn 209 and CCI 209m primers.