Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Muzzleloader Hunting

Muzzleloader Hunting Techniques For Muzzleloader Hunting

Help me pick a ML

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2013, 11:32 AM
Gold Member

Re: Help me pick a ML

LAPPING A BARREL - YouTube
Old 06-17-2013, 05:56 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45omega View Post
If TC bores were deformed by them installing sites I think we would have heard of it by now. If in fact you think your bore is tight in spots because of them installing sites mail it back.

TC bores are known to be tight and JB takes care of the issue. Many shooters can confirm this.

Have a good day
Still waiting a response from Mike on the issue. If anyone has heard of it or had issues with it, Mike will be the guy. I've shot T/C since the Encore first came out and haven't had a single barrel problem or, one that wouldn't shoot extremely accurate. I'm NOT saying barrels can't be deformed but, if it were the case, every muzzleloader would have the identical problem.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:49 PM
Gold Member

TC, as an organization no longer exists. The custom shop was closed. The Icon was discontinued. Not just discontinued, but the factory refuses to work on your Icon if it is out of warranty or supply parts. My Icon barrel came from the factory full of chatter marks. I bought it used from a dealer in NY, sight unseen, so my own fault. I tried to arrange to send it to the factory to have the barrel and stock replaced at my cost and the service people refused. I have a transcript of the "chat" posted here on this forum. I was shocked to say the least. I am now on my own to reverse engineer and sort out my paperweight. Of course none of the barrel makers has a breech configuration for the Icon.

So sorry, but try to get any service out of TC today ? I think you will be surprised.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:53 AM
Silver Member

Brought the issue of "deforming" a barrel when drilling for sights and/or scope mounts to a number of "smiths".

The response from some very seasoned smiths ALL indicate that, ..."ONLY if its drilled to deep, making the wall to thin or drilled completely through." Those are the only circumstances that any had ever run into this issue. If its not drilled to the point of drilling through or, drilled through, not a single smith has identified an issue.
Old 09-05-2013, 04:15 PM

I like my TC omega SS, it has DNZ mount an 6x18 Redfield scope. I'm shooting 245 Barnes an 78grs.weighted BH 209. My barrel was tight but after 100 rounds it smoothed out, it's a keeper.
Old 01-23-2014, 02:46 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey 3 View Post
Has anybody had their hands on the LHR Redemption ML?

LHR Sporting Arms Home
They're total JUNK. If I were given one, I'd get rid of it and not even shoot it. I had my first chance to examine two (2) different rifles today. Its no wonder you don't see any great target pictures from them. That hinge with both barrels open, moved at least 1/4" at the end of the barrels. At least 3/16" movement with the barrels closed. Sorry but I wouldn't even consider one......
Old 01-23-2014, 03:16 PM
Silver Member

hows the trigger on them at least?