Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Muzzleloader Hunting

Muzzleloader Hunting Techniques For Muzzleloader Hunting

Help me pick a ML

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2013, 11:21 PM

Re: Help me pick a ML

Ultimate firearms. I went on a guided elk hunt thinking i was ready. My TC pro hunter was good to 250 yrds. When i arrived the guide asked what muzzy i had and he was unimpressed. First 15 min of my hunt the guide had me on a high bluff with a 350 class bull at 315 yrds. Outa my range! Then he tells me about the ultimate muzzleloader and that all the guides have one and 315 yrds is a chip shot for the ultimate. Anyway i own one now and i can shoot a 6 inch 500 yrd group with it. And i'm sure the gun would do better in more capable hands. Never again will a big bull at 315 yrds walk outa my life. Anyway. Check em out. 300gr bullet, 200gr pyrodex, 2400 fps
Old 04-28-2013, 06:56 AM
Silver Member

No doubt, the Ultimate is a long range shooter, made right here in Michigan, just a few miles from where I lived before retirement. But..... THEY AIN'T CHEAP.

Long Range Muzzleloader - Custom Muzzleloader - Not a Smokeless Muzzleloader - Savage Muzzleloader Competitor
Old 04-28-2013, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENCORE View Post
No doubt, the Ultimate is a long range shooter, made right here in Michigan, just a few miles from where I lived before retirement. But..... THEY AIN'T CHEAP.

Long Range Muzzleloader - Custom Muzzleloader - Not a Smokeless Muzzleloader - Savage Muzzleloader Competitor
Encore,
Your absolutely correct. I didnt fully read the original post where it spicifically states they arent looking for a custom muzzy. Sorry
Old 04-28-2013, 03:48 PM
Bronze Member

If someone would say pick one gun only .hands down TC muzzleloader I love muzzleloading own a tc endeavour . Very easy to clean if you use blackthorn 209 powder i only clean at the end of hunting season and i shoot 40 plus rounds
I even fill my high power tag with it 250 yards no problem 209 powder and hornady sst 250 gr
but that's just my humble opinion
Old 06-14-2013, 08:31 PM

Has anybody had their hands on the LHR Redemption ML?

LHR Sporting Arms Home
Old 06-15-2013, 05:48 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey 3 View Post
Has anybody had their hands on the LHR Redemption ML?

LHR Sporting Arms Home
I know a guy here in MI that received one about a month ago. However I'm still waiting for target pictures. As wound up as he was about getting it, I don't believe he's shot it yet.

They sent the first batch out to all the writers for evaluation. Now evaluation is one thing, a complete testing is another. I tried to get one that was used in evaluation to put through some rigorous testing and I thought Mr. Hanley was going to send me one. That hasn't happened yet either. What I have heard, is that the breech stays clean as claimed. I've yet to see any postings of actual "testing" of different bullets or target pictures........
Old 06-15-2013, 08:52 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENCORE View Post
I know a guy here in MI that received one about a month ago. However I'm still waiting for target pictures. As wound up as he was about getting it, I don't believe he's shot it yet.

They sent the first batch out to all the writers for evaluation. Now evaluation is one thing, a complete testing is another. I tried to get one that was used in evaluation to put through some rigorous testing and I thought Mr. Hanley was going to send me one. That hasn't happened yet either. What I have heard, is that the breech stays clean as claimed. I've yet to see any postings of actual "testing" of different bullets or target pictures........
Yes, I am very interested in that rifle.