Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Muzzleloader Hunting

Muzzleloader Hunting Techniques For Muzzleloader Hunting

False Muzzle!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2010, 01:32 AM
Gold Member

False Muzzle!

Made me a false muzzle for loading my saboted bullets into my ML; works like a champ! Upper portion is reamed to sabot/bullet OD and the lower portion is reamed to exact bore diameter! Saboted bullets load easily into the top portion in perfect alignment and with pressure from the short 'starter' through the lower portion the bullets load perfectly straight and there's no danger of 'dinging' the crown at the muzzle! First photo shows the sabot emerging from the reamed diameter that is at bore diameter. Middle photo shows false muzzle sitting atop muzzle and last photo shows saboted bullet ready for the short starter!

Last edited by RMulhern; 12-30-2010 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Spelling error